• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Houston, TX
    I am going to College Station Next week... Is there a Gun Range up there? If Yes can you give me the details? Good/Bad? Expensive?
    If there is one You are more than welcome to come by if you would like...... Ill be at College Station for 3 Days Next week. Monday threw Wendsday looking to have some fun at the range.
    Target Sports

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    There are actually three public ranges close by. I'll list them in order of my preference.

1) Arrowhead Shooting Range
    2) Gunsmoke Shooting Range
    3) Champion Firearms Indoor Shooting Range

Arrowhead is my preferred for pistol and rifle (if I decide to go to a range instead of shoot at home). It is a little rundown and a one man show, BUT it is only $10 per day and I've never been uncomfortable with the clientele that frequents the range. It is a few miles north of Bryan off of Hwy 6.

Gunsmoke is my preferred (and only local) range for Trap, Skeet and Sporting Clays. Their pistol and rifle ranges are slightly nicer and better maintained than Arrowhead BUT cost $10 per hour. They are located about 6 or so miles west of College Station off of Hwy 60.

Champion's indoor range I have no experience with as I have never had a desire to go there since it opened. The bonus they offer is it is accompanied by a gun store with the best selection and prices in town. That said they do not and will not get my business since they burned me quite a while back before they moved and opened their new facility. Another advantage they offer is that they are pretty much right in the middle of town and easy to get to within a few minutes of anywhere in Bryan/College Station.

Hope this helps.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I forgot to mention Arrowhead's and also Gunsmoke's entrances can be tricky to find. I can give you my cell # if you need help finding or better directions to any of the ranges. I'll likely be too busy to join you but we'll just have to see how next week plays out.

And I don't mean to sound like I'm dissuading you from Champion Firearms, I've met the owners numerous times and have always liked them and their shop. I'm sure the range is nice as their shop always has been. I just have issues with their employees, but they are enough to keep my money from them as well. Damn I just can't say anything without sounding negative.

PM me if you want my contact info.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    I like the Indoor range at Champion. They are $10 for as long as you want as well. I go there about 85% of the time. I go to Arrowhead whenever I wanna shoot my PS90 on the rifle range (when the weather isn't hot)

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I like the Indoor range at Champion. They are $10 for as long as you want as well. I go there about 85% of the time. I go to Arrowhead whenever I wanna shoot my PS90 on the rifle range (when the weather isn't hot)

Glad you commented, I was trying to avoid sounding like I was reccomending against Champion's as a viable option.

rick458

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    La Porte
    My friends and I went to Champions last month when we were in town for Fire training.
    That is a very nice range and a nice store, even had some Aggie Coeds practicing for CHL, I let them shoot my Kimber.
    Nice clean good air filtration neat target runouts. A nice outfit, pretty Professional.

Top Bottom