• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Appleseed Project Home $75 for adult men. Two days of instruction on how to shoot standing, sitting and prone. Finding how to use your body and a sling as a stable platform that points naturally to the target.

Also a bunch of learning about the revolutionary war.

10 rounds Standing in 2 minutes - possible 50 points

10 rounds Standing to Seated in 50 seconds with a mag change (load 2 & 8 or if your rifle doesn't allow that load 5 & 5)
    5 rounds per target - possible 50 points

10 rounds Standing to Prone in 60 seconds with a mag change (same as above)
    3 on first target, 3 on second, and 4 on last - possible 50 points

10 rounds Slowfire Prone in 5 minutes. No mag change necessary
    2 on first target, 2 on second, 3 on third, and 3 on last - Double the score on this stage for 100 possible points.

Total clean score would be 250 points.

http://appleseedshoot.blogspot.com/2008/03/aqt-targets.html

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I took Bonnie to an Appleseed and we had a terrible time. We are both very experienced rifle match shooters who are 60+ years old.

I urge our members to go to the Appleseed personally before taking a lady or a kid to one. It is NOT a place for folks with physical handicaps or people who are unfamiliar with their rifles or rifle shooting. The pace is frantic. If you can't keep up, you'll be left behind.

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    I took Bonnie to an Appleseed and we had a terrible time. We are both very experienced rifle match shooters who are 60+ years old.

I urge our members to go to the Appleseed personally before taking a lady or a kid to one. It is NOT a place for folks with physical handicaps or people who are unfamiliar with their rifles or rifle shooting. The pace is frantic. If you can't keep up, you'll be left behind.

Flash

You've said this before but I think times have changed. Look at their front page now and there is what look like a grandmother in a lawn chair wile the others are prone. I think the seasoned instructors are now better trained. But that's just my opinion.

Kids I've seen go there have all had fun as long as they were safe and attentive. I'd recommend it for 13 and up though or younger with a dad who's gone along. I know a mother and son who reconnected at one of these events and neither was a shooter.

home_79.jpg

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    You've said this before but I think times have changed. Look at their front page now and there is what look like a grandmother in a lawn chair wile the others are prone. I think the seasoned instructors are now better trained.
    =========================================================================================================

What I said was true and all I can do is relate exactly what happened. I communicate with many Appleseed folks from many areas of the USA and found that the events can be heaven or Hell. In fact, some of the leaders of Appleseed contacted me and were very concerned about our experience. We had productive dialogs and perhaps changes were made. I'll keep checking back on that.

Some Appleseeds are terrific. Some are not. I simply suggest that a guy check it out before going to an Appleseed with lady and kids in tow. If it works good....bring the kids. Appleseed is a great idea and I applaud their patriotic efforts but sometimes good intentions don't translate well in application.

Regardless........Make SURE IN ADVANCE that anyone that you bring with a physical handicap can use adaptive techniques (like granny in the picture) to shoot scores. I did that and was assured it would be so but after the event started, her scores were voided because she shot from a chair. The lady had major back surgery and they let her shoot but her scores didn't count for Rifleman status. That's just crap!

Flash

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    From the shoot this last weekend. It was good weather. First day was warm the second colder. I got better but didn't get the patch. Next one.

The women there were there for a birthday wish of one of the shooters. The birthday girl got her rifleman patch that day. Instruction and instructors where great. Everyone there at this one were shooters this go around and as we self policed better than novices the instruction went fast and more trigger time was spent than any other appleseed I've attended.

History lesson about April 19th was also enjoyed.

apple3.jpg Apple6.jpg Apple5.jpg apple4.jpg
    apple2.jpg Apple7.jpg Apple1.jpg
    pencil.png

Top Bottom