Texas SOT

College suspends young mother for posing with gun at gun range. She’s suing.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Texasjack,

Ivy league schools have lost their shine.

As far as the education they provide - I. L. schools are no longer based on academic excellence, but 'die-vers-itie/pc-ness........

I.L. schools are broken down, sad old relics.

Such a thing really is sad too.........

P.S. if you've enough bribe money, you can enroll without being qualified at an ivy league school.

I know a lawyer who is living proof that just because you graduated from Harvard Law School doesn't mean you're a good lawyer.

Apparently, the Ivy League schools these days are much more interested in diversity and SJW crap than providing a top tier education.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    We seem to skip of the number one rule in firearms safety. Never point a firearm at someone, or something unless you intend to shoot it. She did and with a menacing look on her face. Thank you social media and the meme photos.
    The college can do whatever they feel is right, and the lady can do what she thinks is right.
    Thank you democracy. In the end the Supreme Court might have to rule on this case.
    This could have been staged in hopes of getting adverse reactions. People are far to ready to sue other people these days.
    I saw an example on Utube a few weeks ago. An employee was in the company break room. He looked around to see if anyone was watching. Once he decided the coast was clear, he sprinkled ice and water on the floor in front of the sink and fridge area. He then stepped back and proceeded to walk into the water and fake a fall. Another employee came to his rescue. He sued the company for neglect. He forgot about the company having surveillance cameras in the break area. This photo evidence got the case thrown out of court, the guy was fired, and charged with filing a false police report. Everyone wants free money.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    We seem to skip of the number one rule in firearms safety. Never point a firearm at someone, or something unless you intend to shoot it. She did and with a menacing look on her face. Thank you social media and the meme photos.
    The college can do whatever they feel is right, and the lady can do what she thinks is right.
    Thank you democracy. In the end the Supreme Court might have to rule on this case.
    This could have been staged in hopes of getting adverse reactions. People are far to ready to sue other people these days.
    I saw an example on Utube a few weeks ago. An employee was in the company break room. He looked around to see if anyone was watching. Once he decided the coast was clear, he sprinkled ice and water on the floor in front of the sink and fridge area. He then stepped back and proceeded to walk into the water and fake a fall. Another employee came to his rescue. He sued the company for neglect. He forgot about the company having surveillance cameras in the break area. This photo evidence got the case thrown out of court, the guy was fired, and charged with filing a false police report. Everyone wants free money.
    I don't know if she was pointing a gun at anyone. I can certainly take a picture while pointing a gun at the camera and not point it at anyone. Now if you are saying that anyone viewing that picture has a gun pointed at them, that's a bit silly.

Menacing look? I guess that would be up to an individuals interpretation.

Lawful activities off campus are none of a schools concern, unless it openly identifies or addresses the school. The so called uniform she is wearing cannot be identified without knowing that she goes to that school and wears said uniform. To allow a school to monitor and chastise students off campus, and in no way part of a school activity, is authoritarian, and should be sued to stop.

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    I disagree with you, but you have the right to your opinion just the same as I do.
    I seriously doubt these individuals thought to bring a camera stand with them. I see no selfie stick, so I assume the woman is pointing her gun at a friend who was stupid enough to go along with the photo-op.
    The school has the right to protect its image and past.
    If I were going to UT and decided to shoot some other person at a local pub after we had had a couple of beers, do you think UT would support me. Hell no, they would kick me out even before I had a chance to go to trial. Our society has become way too accepting of people and their activities.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I disagree with you, but you have the right to your opinion just the same as I do.
    I seriously doubt these individuals thought to bring a camera stand with them. I see no selfie stick, so I assume the woman is pointing her gun at a friend who was stupid enough to go along with the photo-op.
    The school has the right to protect its image and past.
    If I were going to UT and decided to shoot some other person at a local pub after we had had a couple of beers, do you think UT would support me. Hell no, they would kick me out even before I had a chance to go to trial. Our society has become way too accepting of people and their activities.
    And that would be considered 'Lawful activity'? Or do you believe she was involved in an illegal activity?

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    And by the way, I can set my phone, or camera, to take a delayed picture. I don't really need to have a stand. You're assuming.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    THIS:

"Lawful activities off campus are none of a schools concern"

Forget the 'free money' or "I was offended by the photo as it doesn't live up to my standards" - the above is the salient point.

Schools that try to be 'authoritarian' are nonsense.

What next.....re-education camp and forced to produce a groveling apology to the other students and the school commissars?

Top Bottom