Venture Surplus ad

Collin County Gun Range being renovated?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    So I pass by the old Collin County Gun Range outside McKinney every evening, and I've been seeing some renovations going on. They've put a new roof on the building that's closest to the highway - a "rustic" tin roof out of used tin, with the porch posts replaced with rough-cut cedar. Looks like they may have much more in the works - there's a lot of lumber leaning against the wall on the porch, including a couple of new doors. The trees on the property have had their dead/low hanging branches trimmed and stacked. There's signs of the main building having a little bit of work going on, too - though it isn't the current focus of whatever work is going on.

Anyone know any details? Is the range coming back? Or is it being converted into some other kind of commercial venture?
    ARJ Defense ad

popper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2013
    Thought the city closed it down due to the airport. Don't get up that way often so keep us informed. We can hope.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Well, crap. The sign has been (poorly) re-painted to read (and I quote):

BUILDING-MATERIALS
    now-open

So, no hope for the gun range. Looks like they're selling salvaged building materials. Apparently out of random piles deposited in the parking lot. Lovely.

Popper, yeah, the city used the airport as a flimsy excuse to shut down the gun range but a guy can hope, right?

Top Bottom