• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    If you're buying gear and building a rifle for SHTF what would be the best color choice from readily available parts for suburb/country living in Texas?
    Guns International

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Black as a base color. What I happen to be wearing and carrying what's in reach for all other aspects. IF the fecal matter does hit the rotary oscillating device, the bag could be pink with purple polka dots at that point. I'm grabbing what I can and am getting the f gone.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    Guns - Every one I own is black. Every. Single. One. (Have a ruger that came with a wooden stock, now has a black hogue)
    Load out - ACU. This close to Fort Hood, it's everywhere and cheap.
    Clothing - RealTree Xtra green. Pigs and deer don't care what I'm wearing as long as they can't see it. It will double as my SHTF clothing because it's durable, comfortable and camo.

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Considering I wouldn't ever voluntarily stay in an urban or open desert environment I think Coyote Brown and OD green would suite environments I would stick to.

If the SHTF I'm not worried about accessorizing. Well then again, I don't worry about it ever. I'm a guy.<br />
    <br />
    :)<br/>

As a prepper you're always accesorizing. From your Bug out kit to your firearms. Unless you keep all your guns completely stock...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

franzas

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2014
    Richmond, VA
    Guns - Every one I own is black. Every. Single. One. (Have a ruger that came with a wooden stock, now has a black hogue)
    Clothing - RealTree Xtra green. Pigs and deer don't care what I'm wearing as long as they can't see it. It will double as my SHTF clothing because it's durable, comfortable and camo.

Big fan of multicam, US woodland, DCU and Realtree APG Xtra for clothing and gear
    EDIT: Meant to say multicam, was thinking that was ACU for come reason, added some more common at surplus stores

If I had an AR, or other polymer frame firearms, It would be (if not black) FDE or tan, OD, foliage green, or some combination of these

Last edited:

hellishhorses

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 15, 2013
    Eddy
    The acu isn't the best against urban background, foliage background or desert background, but it does a decent job in all three. The way I see it, only one thing is going to make you disappear — and that is to disappear.

ETA: I do have a complete lower w/FDE furniture that can be swapped onto any of my AR-platforms

MaddogOIF

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    The acu isn't the best against urban background, foliage background or desert background, but it does a decent job in all three. The way I see it, only one thing is going to make you disappear — and that is to disappear.

ETA: I do have a complete lower w/FDE furniture that can be swapped onto any of my AR-platforms

You're about the only person I know of that says the ACU does decent in any backdrop other than gravel parking lot.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Lol, it's funny looking, but it doesn't really draw the eye when in a natural environment.

The marine digitex crap did a better job though, IMO.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW

Big fan of multicam, US woodland, DCU and Realtree APG Xtra for clothing and gear
    EDIT: Meant to say multicam, was thinking that was ACU for come reason, added some more common at surplus stores

If I had an AR, or other polymer frame firearms, It would be (if not black) FDE or tan, OD, foliage green, or some combination of these

As a deer hunter I have closets full of woodland type camo but that stuff will stand out bad in day light. I like the cheap ACU idea but it also draws the question about firearms. Since I am building a rifle do I paint it or go with a color that closely matches ACU?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    This or go with a solid color?

DSC_4939_ar2.jpg

Flat Dark Earth

FDE_wip4.jpg

Top Bottom