• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Upon moving to Texas, I will celebrate certainly with a new lever action .30-.30. That will put me in good company, eh?

I like how you think!

I have always thought that if the day came that I ever left Texas, it would be either to Colorado or Arizona.

That's mainly due to the abundance of defense-related jobs, but also because I have been to both and thought highly of them.

Personally, if I could swing moving to Montana, I'd rather go there but the job prospects for someone like me would be somewhat limited.

Anyhow, hopefully a warm welcome to the Lone Star State is in order for you soon. If not, don't fret. There are still a few aspects where Colorado has the advantage over Texas. Mainly, you have far more publicly-accessible land. That vast majority of Texas is privately owned. Secondly, I absolutely love the Rocky Mountains. The most we have here is the Hill Country. It's nice, but not nearly as epic as a "fourteener!" Lastly, at least you have some resemblance of seasons. In Texas it's summer 10 months out of the year!

But on the other hand, we don't have the stoner problem I saw while there earlier this year for three weeks. I don't think legalized marijuana has done your state any favors! I also have a tough time exercising or even sleeping due to the altitude. I know people acclimate to it after a while, but it was nice coming back to a place where the air is thick and sticks to your ribs!

Lastly, despite the effort, Colorado still hasn't come anywhere close to Texas BBQ! ;)

Cheers! M2

Top Bottom