• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Anyone traveled through CO with 30 round mags?

Found this: person may possess a large-capacity magazine if they owned the large-capacity magazine on or prior to July 1, 2013, and maintain continuous possession of the magazine.5 When a person charged with illegal possession of a large-capacity magazine claims to fall under this exception, the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove otherwise.6
    Gun Zone Deals

Reactions: gll

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

Found this: person may possess a large-capacity magazine if they owned the large-capacity magazine on or prior to July 1, 2013, and maintain continuous possession of the magazine.5 When a person charged with illegal possession of a large-capacity magazine claims to fall under this exception, the burden of proof is on the prosecution to prove otherwise.6
    Just call them clips..... all is good.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    In the world of manufacturing if it has a batch number it can be. If a DA wanted to waste resources he could find out.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

I moved here from Colorado in 2019, while living there EVERY sheriff except one declared that law unconstitutional and publicly swore not to enforce it, also I had a SIG 320 with 4x 17 round magazines shipped to an FFL dealer in Pagosa Springs without any issue at all.

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I don’t have any high capacity mags they identify as “ammo storage containers”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    @ZX9RCAM
    P mags have a date stamped on them. The circle with numbers. Many others have dated on them as well. Some dont.

The D&H/Labelle mags PSA sells had a date on the last batch I bought. If there is a ban the rush into production mags will have dates on them as well. IIRC mags made around the last ban had dates on them in the 90s.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    @ZX9RCAM
    P mags have a date stamped on them. The circle with numbers. Many others have dated on them as well. Some dont.

The D&H/Labelle mags PSA sells had a date on the last batch I bought. If there is a ban the rush into production mags will have dates on them as well. IIRC mags made around the last ban had dates on them in the 90s.
    Thanks.

Just as an FYI, the "shoutout" didn't work, although it is a link.

BillRedding

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2017
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I moved here from Colorado in 2019, while living there EVERY sheriff except one declared that law unconstitutional and publicly swore not to enforce it, also I had a SIG 320 with 4x 17 round magazines shipped to an FFL dealer in Pagosa Springs without any issue at all.

Yes, we have good County Sheriffs here in CO (I presently live in Colorado Springs, El Paso County), and MOST are pro-armed citizen/pro-2nd Amendment.
    And as you mentioned, MOST of them said they won't enforce any high-cap mag ban.
    I'm not AT ALL worried about mine...that is (and this being a public forum), IF I had any such "contraband," of course!
    I'm pretty sure I don't? ;-)
    -- BR

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central

Seems this would apply to residents of CO, but travelers? I'm not sure.

Top Bottom