Colt “Quietly” Recalls Pythons from Distributors

JColumbus

Well-Known
Jun 28, 2012
Well I've never had a father, or grandfather leave a Python to me, so I'm going to go with what Aristotle once said...

"A broken Colt Python is better than no Python at all."
-Aristotle

I can't provide sources just believe me. I think he said this around 1973. Anyway, this does not soften my boner for one of these and as soon as I can get one, I will. And I'll pass it down to my son. But I have many years until I pass it down, so I guess I'll have a "real" one by then.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
With the prices that the original Pythons are selling for, Colt probably thought these would be bought and put away to resell for a profit later. They never dreamed that someone would actually shoot them.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
With the prices that the original Pythons are selling for, Colt probably thought these would be bought and put away to resell for a profit later. They never dreamed that someone would actually shoot them.
This. I buy a gun to shoot. The new Marlin I am picking up today will be shot. A lot. I will put enough rounds through it before I ever put the crosshairs on an animal to be 100% certain it will perform as expected.

If I was in charge of QC for a pistol hitting the market at $1500+, I would have 55 gallon drums of the ammo it takes and have these guns( randomly selected from various model runs) shot until they failed, then determine what caused the failure.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
This debacle reminds me of a funny story from many years back about a guy who had worked hard, made his fortune, and purchased a Rolls Royce.
Turned out the RR was a turd that broke down and left the guy stranded. Once on the Golden Gate Bridge in San Fransisco. He said as people drove by him honking horns and flipping him off from old beater cars as he stood beside his broken down RR maybe they really were smarter.

Top Bottom