• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Never understood the idea of owning a gun and not shooting the thing. I also never understood how Colt could be a such a perpetual **** up. They screwed to pooch on the cowboy action scene where they could have had a massive following had their guns been more economical and more authentic to the original design like the Italian made guns are. They really don't have any modem semi autos (polymer frame) that are competitive with S&W, Glock, or Ruger for defensive guns. The few good designed they had in the 90s they never did anything with, or screwed up on. As far as I know, their 1911s are still good, but I can get a very good 1911 cheaper, or a better one for not much more. Their ARs where overpriced in my opinion, but nonetheless sold. They could have done a lot more in the AR market, but they let that one slip by them. They lost their military contract due to their screw ups, and the list can go on and on.

Colt is a prime example of how NOT to run a gun company. The best thing that could happen to them is for them to go bankrupt, bought out, and restarted from the ground up.
    Venture Surplus ad

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I really liked the new Colt King Cobra and Gold Cup 1911 in 9mm I had the chance to shoot. Both were excellent specimens.

I'd love to own either but I can't reconcile the price.

Spcwolf

Apr 16, 2013
    Conroe tx
    And this is all why I am a s&w revolver man and a Springfield 1911 man.

Now I would still buy a colt AR-15a2 or AR-15-a4.

I trust colt AR’s. I was issued the m16a2 in boot camp and my first guard unit.
    And my second and third guard unit and the weapon I went to Iraq with was the m4a2.
    I never had any problems with accuracy or reliability. I also methodically cleaned them all.

Top Bottom