Colt 1911 Assembly Animation

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by zembonez, Feb 24, 2008.

1. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    This animation is worth a look.

It's CG but well done and shows a complete bit by bit view of a Colt 1911 assembly.

1911 Assembly Video

2. SIG_Fiend

SIG_Fiend Administrator TGT Supporter Admin

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Neat video sir! Just curious but, are you a 1911 fan as well? I absolutely love the guns and still need to buy one. :D

3. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Absolutely. Alan now has me more interested than ever.

4. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I take it you've seen his Kimber Custom II? ;) That's a nice gun and dead on accurate. Being an American and all, I'm definitely going to have to own oh I don't know, 1, 2, maybe 16 of 'em before too long. :D I heard Colt just announced they are bringing the 10mm Delta Elite series back which is kind of neat. Since I've been reading about the 10mm caliber it sounds like a pretty impressive round as far as semi-auto calibers go.

5. MrKimber44

MrKimber44 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    10mm in the 1911 frame lets you know it's there, but I still want a stainless Delta Elite.

6. ReVrEnD_0341

ReVrEnD_0341 Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX

Do yourself a favor. SAAAAAAVE your money until you can get a Nighthawk Custom. I prefer the Vickers' tactical they make. Larry Vickers designed, and NHC built. NHC weapons make any other 1911 you have shot just seem so inadequate, and cheap. Trust me, they are EXPENSIVE, but friggen worth it.

7. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have thought a lot about some of the various high end, expensive, custom 1911's out there such as from Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson, NHC, etc. Though, I honestly don't know if I want to pay $2-3k+ for a custom 1911. If I'm paying that much money for a single gun, I'm probably going to be more likely to buy a nice rifle or put it towards some NFA Class III full auto toy. The most I could see spending on a single handgun would probably be ~$1200-1500 for a nice HK, Sig P2-insert model here Sport, Wilson KZ-45 or some of the other "low-end" models from those high end custom 1911 companies. The annoying thing about all of this is the fact that there occasionally comes along a handful of relatively inexpensive guns that will provide you say 90-98% of what some of these high dollar custom guns will. One such gun I recently shot was a bone stock CZ75 SP-01 9mm. It shot dead on accurate without hardly any effort, holds 19 rounds, and is just an overall comfortable gun. The trigger kind of sucked, but for ~$300 more (somewhere around $800-850 I believe) CZ does a "custom shop" version with match trigger and sights that should be quite a bit better. I do like nice guns, as referenced by my screename, though I'm currently at the point I'm still learning to be proficient with handguns and would probably be better served spending more of my money on ammo and training. That being said, there is something certainly cool knowing that a gun you own was designed or influenced by an ex-Delta guy. ;) At this point, even my stock Sig P220 45acp is still a much more accurate gun than I am though I'm quickly learning.

8. zembonez

zembonez TGT Addict

Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'm with HK on the subject of cost. 1000 bucks is the limit for me on a handgun purchase. That might sound cheap to some of you but I can't justify anything over that. So much is available for less than a grand that I could own and shoot hundreds of them before getting tired of the available variety.

9. MrKimber44

MrKimber44 Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Dude, Ya'll know I'm a Kimber man, but the Nighthawk is new level.

Travis, if your going high end, you got to have the Mark 23. It would be perfect for your HK addiction.

10. SIG_Fiend

Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I actually talked to a guy that apparently CCW's his Mark23, now that is what I call MANLY!