• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Neat video sir! Just curious but, are you a 1911 fan as well? I absolutely love the guns and still need to buy one. :D

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I take it you've seen his Kimber Custom II? ;) That's a nice gun and dead on accurate. Being an American and all, I'm definitely going to have to own oh I don't know, 1, 2, maybe 16 of 'em before too long. :D I heard Colt just announced they are bringing the 10mm Delta Elite series back which is kind of neat. Since I've been reading about the 10mm caliber it sounds like a pretty impressive round as far as semi-auto calibers go.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Neat video sir! Just curious but, are you a 1911 fan as well? I absolutely love the guns and still need to buy one. :D

Do yourself a favor. SAAAAAAVE your money until you can get a Nighthawk Custom. I prefer the Vickers' tactical they make. Larry Vickers designed, and NHC built. NHC weapons make any other 1911 you have shot just seem so inadequate, and cheap. Trust me, they are EXPENSIVE, but friggen worth it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have thought a lot about some of the various high end, expensive, custom 1911's out there such as from Ed Brown, Les Baer, Wilson, NHC, etc. Though, I honestly don't know if I want to pay $2-3k+ for a custom 1911. If I'm paying that much money for a single gun, I'm probably going to be more likely to buy a nice rifle or put it towards some NFA Class III full auto toy. The most I could see spending on a single handgun would probably be ~$1200-1500 for a nice HK, Sig P2-insert model here Sport, Wilson KZ-45 or some of the other "low-end" models from those high end custom 1911 companies. The annoying thing about all of this is the fact that there occasionally comes along a handful of relatively inexpensive guns that will provide you say 90-98% of what some of these high dollar custom guns will. One such gun I recently shot was a bone stock CZ75 SP-01 9mm. It shot dead on accurate without hardly any effort, holds 19 rounds, and is just an overall comfortable gun. The trigger kind of sucked, but for ~$300 more (somewhere around $800-850 I believe) CZ does a "custom shop" version with match trigger and sights that should be quite a bit better. I do like nice guns, as referenced by my screename, though I'm currently at the point I'm still learning to be proficient with handguns and would probably be better served spending more of my money on ammo and training. That being said, there is something certainly cool knowing that a gun you own was designed or influenced by an ex-Delta guy. ;) At this point, even my stock Sig P220 45acp is still a much more accurate gun than I am though I'm quickly learning.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I'm with HK on the subject of cost. 1000 bucks is the limit for me on a handgun purchase. That might sound cheap to some of you but I can't justify anything over that. So much is available for less than a grand that I could own and shoot hundreds of them before getting tired of the available variety.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I love the Mk. 23, but honestly it's still a polymer framed non-fixed barrel gun. They use an O-ring to achieve similar accuracy to a tight bushed 1911. I think the Elite is a better option for accuracy, but the Mk. 23 is the ultimate in Mall-Ninja awesomeness.

I love both, but I'd take a $600 - 700 Kimber over the Mk. 23. I just don't feel the Mk. 23 is worth the cost.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That's not what you told me a week or 2 ago when you said you were going to have to buy a Mk23. ;) None of them are as accurate as the P9S though, but that's probably because THAT barrel doesn't move at all (fixed). ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That's not what you told me a week or 2 ago when you said you were going to have to buy a Mk23. ;) None of them are as accurate as the P9S though, but that's probably because THAT barrel doesn't move at all (fixed). ;)

Well that's because I already have a 1911 :p

I think they are going to increase in value as a collectible HK. The last production run just went out but I'm going to hold off.

ReVrEnD_0341

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm with HK on the subject of cost. 1000 bucks is the limit for me on a handgun purchase. That might sound cheap to some of you but I can't justify anything over that. So much is available for less than a grand that I could own and shoot hundreds of them before getting tired of the available variety.

When I first heard that Larry Vickers and NHC were coming out with a "fighting 1911" and it would be "affordable" I was all in everyone's business to try to get one until I was quoted $3,350. I couldn't believe it. A couple months ago I was at a fighting pistol 3 day class, and a guy I met awhile back was there. He had 2. Yeah, he bought friggen 2 of the dang things!!! He let me run one through the class. All I can say is oh my gawd! It was the most perfect, beatifully shooting 1911 I have ever put rounds through. It is my mission in life to buy one before production stops. I want one, and I will be building a similar 1911. That will be the end of my 1911 buying for quite awhile. I just have to finish my SBR w/ can build, and my precision rifle build first.

Top Bottom