• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 65coop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Conroe, Texas
    First post here, and Thanks for the add!

I have a 1911 that I bought new back in 2008, that has never been fired (impulse buy). Its been sitting in the safe since new, I actually forgot it was in there..

I was reorganizing the safe and came across it this past weekend, I thought it was an empty box and was pleasantly surprised to find it was not! Haha

I've looked online to see what the present value is and have seen prices from $700 - $1400.. Does anyone know of a place that could give me a solid appraisal in the Houston area?

It's Blued Colt 1911 Commander Series 80, with everything that came as new / Blue hard case, manuals, test casing, 2 colt magazines, lock...

The True Gun Value website has it listed as $1103.96 (used), this one has never been fired (except for the 1 test casing), so I'm guessing it would be considered "new"?
    Capitol Armory ad

Attachments

• IMG_2850.JPEG
      IMG_2850.JPEG
      476.3 KB · Views: 75
    • IMG_2851.JPEG
      IMG_2851.JPEG
      477.3 KB · Views: 81

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It should rate NIB, but it would have to be inspected for handling marks! I had a NIB Colt Python that had wear on the one side of the cylinder where it rubbed on the box from 40 years of opening & closing a drawer. The cardboard was just abrasive enough to screw it's value!

CharlieWH2O

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 14, 2015
    Galveston County
    Is this just a slick way to get around the minimum post count before you can use the classifieds or are you really that curious? To me it's worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. Collector's Firearms in Houston for an insurance appraisal.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Look at ads in various places, see what NIB Series 80's are selling for. That will give you some idea.

65coop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Conroe, Texas
    Is this just a slick way to get around the minimum post count before you can use the classifieds or are you really that curious? To me it's worth what someone is willing to pay you for it. Collector's Firearms in Houston for an insurance appraisal.

Simply curious. There are a lot more simple ways to get post count up..

I've taken it to a local gun store for appraisal, 1 guy in the gunsmith department estimated ~$750 and a salesman (in the same store) estimated $1100..

Its not for sale.

And thanks for the Collectors Firearms suggestion, I had forgotten about them.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Argue? No... Just wondering what rule I broke..
    First of all, welcome to TGT.

Second, the reference is that too many "noobs" to TGT have tried using a first post very similar to your's, to skirt the rules regarding using the Classifieds. So some of us tend to be a bit wary of such first posts.

If you are not trying the skirt the rules and not looking to sell, then please disregard.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    At this point, its lasted this long unfired and unmodified.. I hate to do anything with it.. Save it for my grandson?
    It's an all steel Colt. You can't wear it out with a few rounds to break it in.
    Iff'n my PeePaw had given me a Colt 1911 I wouldn't of cared if it had purple grips.
    A quality pair of stags or bone make it unique and he will be thrilled to receive it. Don't forget a nice holster too! El Paso Saddlery makes some beautiful 1911 holsters.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I have, they are all over the board.. Most if not all, have seen the range many, many times in the last 13 years though..
    If they have seen the range, they are not NIB.

So you will come up with a range of values. Set your price at the lower end if you need to sell. Set your price at the upper end if you want to see if a sucker is out there. Or in the mid range.

65coop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Conroe, Texas
    First of all, welcome to TGT.

Second, the reference is that too many "noobs" to TGT have tried using a first post very similar to your's, to skirt the rules regarding using the Classifieds. So some of us tend to be a bit wary of such first posts.

If you are not trying the skirt the rules and not looking to sell, then please disregard.

Thank you for the welcome!

I get it, I'm a member of several forums and have seen exactly what you're talking about - all good!

Like I mentioned, its not for sale, I was just trying to start a conversation..

65coop

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2021
    Conroe, Texas
    It's an all steel Colt. You can't wear it out with a few rounds to break it in.
    Iff'n my PeePaw had given me a Colt 1911 I wouldn't of cared if it had purple grips.
    A quality pair of stags or bone make it unique and he will be thrilled to receive it. Don't forget a nice holster too! El Paso Saddlery makes some beautiful 1911 holsters.

Certainly can't disagree with that!

Top Bottom