Colt 1911 Series 80 value

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Feb 11, 2019
Hays County
Don’t get it appraised at a gun dealer, that’s like getting trade in value at a car dealer. Gun blue book values are worthless. What the current value of your gun is is determined by the market and what people are willing to pay for it. Do your due diligence and look at what colt 1911 prices are on listings here, texasguntrader, gb, online retailers to name a few. I can tell you colt 1911s including basic 01991 government models are going for $1200+. Show me a Colt 1911 selling for $800 and I’ll buy it now.

You currently have an incredibly hard to find gun right now, so it’s current market price is at a premium.
Awful ignorant to say BB values are WORTHLESS. They are not the end all be all but they are a valid data point to consider. In the end, the market will decide but having more info is better than having less when dealing with the jackals of the gun world.

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Feb 11, 2019
Hays County
I'd say a true fair value would be $8-900 uf the buyer is reasonably knowledgeable.
To a guy that knows a thing or two about 1911's: Thank you.

TipBledsoe

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Jun 28, 2020
La Vernia, TX
Don’t get it appraised at a gun dealer, that’s like getting trade in value at a car dealer. Gun blue book values are worthless. What the current value of your gun is is determined by the market and what people are willing to pay for it. Do your due diligence and look at what colt 1911 prices are on listings here, texasguntrader, gb, online retailers to name a few. I can tell you colt 1911s including basic 01991 government models are going for $1200+. Show me a Colt 1911 selling for $800 and I’ll buy it now.

You currently have an incredibly hard to find gun right now, so it’s current market price is at a premium.
^ Real good info right there. If you want to know the market value, you have to watch the market - as in see what the penny start auctions final sale price on Gunbroker end up as.

wbblazer90

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 18, 2014
Awful ignorant to say BB values are WORTHLESS. They are not the end all be all but they are a valid data point to consider. In the end, the market will decide but having more info is better than having less when dealing with the jackals of the gun world.

And awful stupid to even use gun blue book at all when current market data is so readily and easily available. Current market price is determined by the laws of supply and demand. Those willing to buy at a certain price point will, and those who are not won’t.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Jan 23, 2009
New Braunfels, TX
And awful stupid to even use gun blue book at all when current market data is so readily and easily available. Current market price is determined by the laws of supply and demand. Those willing to buy at a certain price point will, and those who are not won’t.

ANY data point can provide useful references, whether you agree with them or not. Yes, there's a ton of other sources to look at - but when you're walking through a gun show and see something really unusual, being able to call a buddy and get some idea of its' history and potential value can be priceless....and online sources won't always have some of the more unusual guns.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
Forum Sponsor
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nov 3, 2014
San Antonio
...and now you know why dentists ain't paid as well as physicians........

:twin:
What if you're both?

1911'S 4 Me

Well-Known
TGT Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 13, 2018
Humble
What's the last edition of Blue Book printed date, they are not current.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud
Shroud

Latest posts