• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • commandernavi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Houston
    I posted before about a positive experience I had with a company and wanted let you guys know I have another to share.

I was seriously really impressed with Colt's Customer Service, especially considering the size of the company and the constant stories of their military side's financial trouble. My new Colt LE6920 had a minor anodizing defect in the upper (it would be easy to miss so I don't blame them too much for sending it out like it was) and though I wasn't sure they would care, I decided to give them a call. I got through to a person within a minute of calling, sent in some pictures, and discussed potential solutions over email with a rep the same day who promised to make it right ASAP. Unlike some other manufacturers I've unfortunately had to deal with in the past, these guys were willing to work with me to get my problem resolved (and resolved very quickly at that). They replaced the upper and my gun is perfect now!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm very happy that Colt worked very hard to make it right without me having to push them to do it. This is my first Colt and I will definitely be looking to get another just based on how impressed I was with them so thought I would spread the word in case any of ya'll were on the fence. Now I just wish they would offer the Colt SOCOM again, but with the M203 cut in the heavy barrel and the same military roll marks for a slightly higher price than the LE6920 for people who want to add an M4A1 M4gery to their collections. COLT: IF YOU ARE READING THIS, THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME ON THE REPAIR!!! BUT SERIOUSLY - JUST MAKE GUNS WITH MILITARY ROLL MARKS (EVERYTHING THE SAME EXCEPT THE "GOVT PROPERTY" MARK) AND SAME BARREL CUT AND YOU WILL BE ROLLING IN MONEY AGAIN - WHY DON'T YOU DO THIS FOR THE M4A1???
    DK Firearms

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Good to hear a favorable report. Whether Colt survives is another question.

The 6920 is truly the "gold" standard that all other manufacturers try to copy, no matter how much they charge for them. All the hype does not a better AR make.

Too bad that WalMart stopped selling the 6920.

Be well.

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    If the gun is still under warranty and still in production I suppose they are good about fixing it.

Their vintage revolver dept is full of hamfisted assclowns however. There's very few smiths qualified to work on Pythons these days, not even Colt.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    That's good to hear.

Colt will survive another couplea re-orgs. What they really need is new ownership.

Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    If the gun is still under warranty and still in production I suppose they are good about fixing it.

Their vintage revolver dept is full of hamfisted assclowns however. There's very few smiths qualified to work on Pythons these days, not even Colt.

I thought they fixed you good?

grumper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Austin
    I thought they fixed you good?

Yeah they did me good all right. Nailed me directly in between the buttocks.

If you get a gun back from Colt immediately tear it open and check for damage everywhere. Or else later you'll get bent when you discover the damage on some part that you never asked them to monkey with.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom