• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    $600 FTF around the greater Houston area. I have a Colt LW Commander from 1950 according to Colt's SN lookup. The only thing this pistol does not have going for it is the finish as you can see from the pictures. It's a fantastic smooth shooting 1911. It did have an issue with the hammer falling when the slide was dropped but that has been taken care of.

I had John Dixon take the pistol and polish it to smooth it out and put a new Colt hammer in (thank you 40Arpent). Mr. Dixon also put in a FLGR and a longer trigger. I still have all the original parts if you want to return the pistol to original condition. The previous owner did file some on the frame to fit a new grip safety, also included, which means the collector value of the pistol is pretty much gone.

I am selling because this pistol is not what I want. I intended for it to take the place of my 5" 1911 but it has not. PM me for any other questions or specific pictures.

photo 5.jpg photo 1.jpg photo 2.jpg photo 3.jpg photo 4.jpg
    Guns International

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I am open to a trade. If it sells I will most likely buy a gen 3 Glock 23, my very first pistol which I greatly regret selling. I am also looking around at a magnified optic for my new AR I just finished and I have been eyeing a Remington SPS Tactical in .308 or something very similar to the 700 in .308.

Other than that I'm interested to hear what anyone has to offer up.

JimBobKelley

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 28, 2010
    I really thought there would be more interest. How about $500 for an old Colt and not a penny less. I will be happy to meet up with anyone and let them look it over and even shoot it.

I will not entertain offers lower than $500. If it has not been spoken for by next weekend I will just put it away in the safe.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom