• ...and so much more!
  • V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I'm actually surprised more AR manufacturers haven't folded.........

Good Lord there are a bunch of them.....small time guys can't compete...AR's can be had under $400.00.....hard to build them and make a profit at $379.99....even if you sell a crap load......

How many of us have 5 or more un-built receivers just laying around?

The market has been saturated for at least couple of years now.........

Boldkharma

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2008
    Plano
    So I guess he believes an LMT or a DD at 2k is even more outrageous as those 300.00 AR's are just as good. Good grief.

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    You dont get rid of what you already have. If you aren't buying from the company directly, they dont make money off of you. :-)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Yes............some of us own actual battle worthy rifles, and they are not cheap or inexpensive.....

But the vast majority of gun owners....... do not own true battle rifles.........nor want to actually pay for one........

imho...of course........

DoubleDuty

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2019
    DFW
    I'm not a rifle guy, but I will purchase a cheap one just to have it for self defense. If I need to upgrade it I will do it gradually as I can afford it.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Figured I'd put in my .02c here and say that Colt has actively been on my shitlist for quite some time now...

Reason: blatently false advertising - Purchased a limited edition 6920 a while back and paid something of a premium tied to the fact that they had supposedly only manufactured exactly 1500 units in that config as a limited run. Few years later found out that quite a few more than that were made, despite explicit advertising to the contrary (which turned out to be complete bullshit).

Here's a stock pic of the "Limited Edition" set in question, for anyone interested...
    55d5be47e26c362231c306b38f1d1f96.jpg

Attachments

• 55d5be47e26c362231c306b38f1d1f96.jpg
      55d5be47e26c362231c306b38f1d1f96.jpg
      58 KB · Views: 443
    Last edited:

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Nice rifle....
    Thanks!

I love the rifle itself, what rubbed me the wrong way with Colt was finding out it wasn't as limited as they had marketed it as, after paying almost double what the standard 6920s cost due to capped production (if I'm remembering correctly).

On the other hand, it's been long enough that I probably shouldn't sweat it at this point...

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    Yes............some of us own actual battle worthy rifles, and they are not cheap or inexpensive.....

But the vast majority of gun owners....... do not own true battle rifles.........nor want to actually pay for one........

imho...of course........
    And that’s always been my issue with them. Buy FN parts; barrel, BCG and buy actual mil spec LPK and extension. All of those parts are the same the military uses and I can build one for much cheaper. Nothing wrong with Colt, but battle rifles can be built for less than Colt, BCM or DD wants. And use all the same parts.

Having said that, I’d still like one in my safe just because of their history with the rifle.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I've said it before, anyone can make "mil-spec". If you are a company planning on bidding on a military contract, you would manufacture to at least the military's minimum standard in size and/or longevity. It has nothing to do with being the best out there. In fact, if you were to make something better, the cost of making it better may put your company out of the bidding for that contract.

I laugh when I hear people say things like "actual mil spec", but often companies will use that as a selling point to make it sound like "therefore it must be good!"

JCC

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2018
    US
    Agreed. Mil spec minimums. Some parts can be better for heavy use and durability.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom