• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    so i am liking Comal county and seriously thinking about calling it home. where do yall hunt around there that's open to the public? I have hunted bow, shotgun and rifle. i prefer my rifle if allowed and appropriate for the animal. mainly looking at deer(also exotics), turkey, rabbit and hogs, oh the hogs sound fun to hunt. dont really care about doves or other "target" animals, i want to hunt and eat it.
    thanks
    Hurley's Gold

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Sorry to tell you but what you seek is difficult to find. There are public hunting areas but they are far between and success rate is not that high and very crowded. Plus you need a public hunt permit. Not very much public land in the greatest state. You may want to look for a place to lease or buy your own place.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Either buy some land, or get a hunting lease like many others do for hunting.

Many out of staters complain about the lack of public land in Texas for hunting, since the majority is privately owned, but this is one of the life's little inconveniences of living in Texas.

bk17

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2022
    Michigan for now
    thanks all. It will take some getting use to not having the public land but heck maybe i will make some land owner friends, lol. Or just go back to visit friends in MI and get the big northern deer.

If yall were to buy hunting land in Texas what area would pick? Of course closer to your home (san antonio) would be great but in general what region has better big game, like deer, hogs, some turkey? Hard to say where things will be financially in say 5 years, about when i would probably look into buying hunting land, but i would think around 100k budget.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Welcome to my neck o' the woods! Drop me a line if you need help getting situated, or finding local tradespeople - I keep a list of various trades for the Greater SA metro area, as well as New Braunfels - comes in handy for folks!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    It's all much simpler if you are just born wealthy.

Or so I've been told.

I was on a great lease, but it got sold and I've spent the last couple of years trying to find something affordable. Well, affordable and not overrun with yahoos. I was on a crazy one in East Texas for one season, but I swear I'd rather hunt in Ukraine than with the folks on that place.

Top Bottom