• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indisputabull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2019
    Arlington
    Hey guys! I wanted to see if there would be in any interest in me putting together a video series of emergency trauma care.

A little bit about myself: I am a former Army combat medic. I have almost two years combined in country. I have filled roles as a line medic, a senior line medic, and then served my last 18 months as the brigade senior medic overseeing high priority patients and training junior medics and our scouts in treating casualties and sustaining life.

I’m already teaching this course in person around Dallas area but with everything going on I thought videos may be easier/safer way to put out some training.

If anyone has a specific topic they’d like for me to cover please leave it in a comment, or if you’d like to know more about me you are more than welcome to pm me!
    Guns International

Indisputabull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2019
    Arlington
    Are you going to link them here, or on YouTube, or how?

I have had some basic first aid over the years, but learning more I think would be valuable skills to have.

Count me as interested.
    I am in the process of making a YouTube channel now! I’ve done primarily short form videos so this is my first adventure into longer more detail oriented videos.
    I’m going to be teaching everything from administering a concussion test to sucking chest wound treatments and how to handle compound fractures in the field.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    I have been meaning to find the Army standard for using the IFAK. I picked up an IFAK to upgrade my basic load out but everything except the tourniquet is new to me as I got out in early 2000.

So a video or a manual would be great.

Indisputabull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2019
    Arlington
    I have been meaning to find the Army standard for using the IFAK. I picked up an IFAK to upgrade my basic load out but everything except the tourniquet is new to me as I got out in early 2000.

So a video or a manual would be great.
    Absolutely that’s a good suggestion, I will make a video explaining the contents and the use of those contents

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    We had a funny experience/devastating experience when I learned what goat boots were. It was funny because we watched a guy on the thermal out a goats back legs in the front of his boots, it was devastating when I realized why.

When I was way much younger, it was "stump breaking calves" at midnite! Same concept, but with a calf instead of a goat.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    We had a funny experience/devastating experience when I learned what goat boots were. It was funny because we watched a guy on the thermal out a goats back legs in the front of his boots, it was devastating when I realized why.
    Just another reason why button fly pants are so popular in many states - because goats can hear a zipper a mile away!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Sounds like some great info, but if this is what you're doing for a living, be sure you figure out a way not to give away all your training for free and cut yourself out of a paycheck.

Top Bottom