Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Seems strange that manufacturers miss that whole market.
    I've asked this before and no one has answered but your comment is right on point so I'll try again.

Quite a while ago, I stumbled across the website of a bipod maker whose product was mounted to a ring attached to the handguard. It could rotate a full 360 degrees. If you were shooting from under a low overhang, you could literally point the legs up and brace the rifle against the roof if you wanted. The most common use, though, seemed to be throwing the legs to either 3 or 9 o'clock and bracing against a side wall when standing.

It was very expensive.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd like to take another look at their products but I simply can't find them online again.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    I have a bipod question.

Is there any type of bipod available that can be used on a rifle with a smooth wood forearm that does not have a swivel or any other connector?
    Maybe something using a velcro strap?

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    image.gif
    Duct tape.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Hard to tell what really makes it better than a Harris, and I know a Harris will last for at least a decade, and mount to a swivel stud.

I think the biggest selling point is that it accepts feet made for Atlas bipods.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I have a bipod question.

Is there any type of bipod available that can be used on a rifle with a smooth wood forearm that does not have a swivel or any other connector?
    Maybe something using a velcro strap?

It's called a "tree branch". Depending on the quality it may or may not work well in the wind.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I've asked this before and no one has answered but your comment is right on point so I'll try again.

Quite a while ago, I stumbled across the website of a bipod maker whose product was mounted to a ring attached to the handguard. It could rotate a full 360 degrees. If you were shooting from under a low overhang, you could literally point the legs up and brace the rifle against the roof if you wanted. The most common use, though, seemed to be throwing the legs to either 3 or 9 o'clock and bracing against a side wall when standing.

It was very expensive.

Anybody know what I'm talking about? I'd like to take another look at their products but I simply can't find them online again.
    I've seen it but can't find it now. I was thinking it was Tubb's but it's not. His is crazy too though.

2044a60b778431e4b101793ae6e47a7b.jpg

Top Bottom