• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Some of y'all know I work as a mechanic in N Austin. Well, we happen to service some DPS and other state vehicles regularly now. On Monday, I heard a charter bus full of people visited the local harbor freight in south Austin. Not first hand information but close enough. Kinda of non-typical place for a charter group but these folks decided to buy them out of crowbars and sledgehammers. Supposedly, an employee thought it was worthy of a call to local authorities. By the time they arrived, the group had dispersed. Fast forward to Tuesday and I was stopping by the local Academy to check out the selection. Since I lucked out once before, I wasted some gas to browse inventory...

Upon entry I noticed some brown paper and tape over some recently broken front windows. Huh? Well I went about my business only to find the ammo shelves, even drier than I'd seen in the last few weeks. On my way out, I asked the kid up front if they had been broken into. He said, "ya, last night". I asked if he knew what had been stolen, he said " I don't know, but they used a crowbar to break in". So although I'm no conspiracy theorist, it is a quite a coincidence that the same day a charter bus group buys every crowbar and sledgehammer in the south Austin harbor freight, the Academy at 35 and 183 is broken into and robbed of unknown items. I'm thinking bear/pepper spray, ammo, who knows but not a good indicator of what may be to come.

Furthermore, I was bs'n with the shop owner today who also owns an exhaust shop. According to him, they've had about 20 people come in needing new catalytic converters in the last few days. For those of you who don't know, their high platinum content gives them a junk value of 50-200$ depending on size/content. Every one of them sawzall cut with red blades. I didn't think much of it until the snap on guy told me every commercial vehicle parked on N Burnet road also had their cats stolen. Looks like an imported crime wave has arrived. Makes me think the Governors speech tonight on the news about not de-funding the APD was directed right at them since none of this has been reported in local mainstream news. Which, in normal times, seems like it would be important to the local community. Maybe not the property theft but the break-in at academy should have had an honorable mention.

Anyhow, just wanted to give my fellow austinites a heads up. If you see something strange, groups of unknowns, please document or report it. Austin may be a liberal haven but I haven't given up on it yet.
    Military Camp

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Some of y'all know I work as a mechanic in N Austin. Well, we happen to service some DPS and other state vehicles regularly now. On Monday, I heard a charter bus full of people visited the local harbor freight in south Austin. Not first hand information but close enough. Kinda of non-typical place for a charter group but these folks decided to buy them out of crowbars and sledgehammers. Supposedly, an employee thought it was worthy of a call to local authorities. By the time they arrived, the group had dispersed. Fast forward to Tuesday and I was stopping by the local Academy to check out the selection. Since I lucked out once before, I wasted some gas to browse inventory...

Upon entry I noticed some brown paper and tape over some recently broken front windows. Huh? Well I went about my business only to find the ammo shelves, even drier than I'd seen in the last few weeks. On my way out, I asked the kid up front if they had been broken into. He said, "ya, last night". I asked if he knew what had been stolen, he said " I don't know, but they used a crowbar to break in". So although I'm no conspiracy theorist, it is a quite a coincidence that the same day a charter bus group buys every crowbar and sledgehammer in the south Austin harbor freight, the Academy at 35 and 183 is broken into and robbed of unknown items. I'm thinking bear/pepper spray, ammo, who knows but not a good indicator of what may be to come.

Furthermore, I was bs'n with the shop owner today who also owns an exhaust shop. According to him, they've had about 20 people come in needing new catalytic converters in the last few days. For those of you who don't know, their high platinum content gives them a junk value of 50-200$ depending on size/content. Every one of them sawzall cut with red blades. I didn't think much of it until the snap on guy told me every commercial vehicle parked on N Burnet road also had their cats stolen. Looks like an imported crime wave has arrived. Makes me think the Governors speech tonight on the news about not de-funding the APD was directed right at them since none of this has been reported in local mainstream news. Which, in normal times, seems like it would be important to the local community. Maybe not the property theft but the break-in at academy should have had an honorable mention.

Anyhow, just wanted to give my fellow austinites a heads up. If you see something strange, groups of unknowns, please document or report it. Austin may be a liberal haven but I haven't given up on it yet.

Was this actually you, or a copy job from another Forum?

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Hoji is right. I've only posted here. Kid at academy was first hand experience as well as talk with the boss man and snap on guy. Only second hand info was about the charter bus but very credible source. I was tempted to call that store and ask if they had any crowbars in stock but haven't yet.

Top Bottom