• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Anyone have any ideas that they'd like to see implemented?

How do you feel about the site?

What keeps you coming back to the site?

What do you want to see more of?

What is one thing you'd like to change?
    Lynx Defense

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    I have a few ideas for ya based on some previous site administration/moderation I have done... but the site is really great! I like the community so far as well. vBulletin is far and way the best forum software out there but not cheap.

1. Emoticon Pack. I can probably get a huge emoticon pack we have on another forum for you if you like. Similar stuff like you have.

2. Site Supporters. I am sure you have considered the vB addon on for that, but I think you should do it. Like I said, this software is not cheap, not to mention hosting or electricity if you run your own servers as I do, and we could pitch in on that. We used three different levels on our site and it seemed to work well.

3. Classifieds... I have a couple rules I would like to run by you.

4. Maybe a couple other forum topics here and there... but that stuff comes with membership.

Not being picky... I just got here!!!! And I really like the site. Just suggestions since you asked.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    You have a good site. I appreciate the "stolen gun " section.

There are no real changes I would make.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Everything looks fine to me. Since this is a Texas site, you can't expect the traffic you see on something like AR15, or Glocktalk. But there are lots of Texans that like to talk guns, and the word will get around. Keep profanity out, and don't be afraid to close a thread if it gets out of hand. Although I've not seen that, as the forum grows, eventually it will happen. Turst me, most people appreciate a mod that can take control when need be. A lot of folks just leave places when things get out of hand.

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    I would like to atop being forced to see threads admin makes before I can peruse the other threads. :p
    No, he's right.

You have "Announcement" mode that sticks a post to the top of any forum a user might visit until they click it. If we enjoy being interacting here, we're gonna look at "Announcements".

Forcing a thread view is bully behavior, imho.

LR-AR-LB

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Thanks

We currently have a crisis due to the impending election, this alone could even end the chat board and or publically shooting firearms and etc. Just for now let's focus on the possibility that very soon we may not be able to do what we enjoy most.:mad:

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No, he's right.

You have "Announcement" mode that sticks a post to the top of any forum a user might visit until they click it. If we enjoy being interacting here, we're gonna look at "Announcements".

Forcing a thread view is bully behavior, imho.

Fine, I removed it.

JavaFueled

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    PEARLAND / HOUSTON
    Anyone have any ideas that they'd like to see implemented?

How do you feel about the site?

What keeps you coming back to the site?

What do you want to see more of?

What is one thing you'd like to change?

How about an area for Trading / Swapping Guns Only....? No Money Needed here...

Just for us Guys who love to shoot but can't afford to Buy New Toys and then just sell at a loss; When it's time to ITCH something different...

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    The notifications were fine by me IMHO. I consider myself interested in whatever threads appear as I use the New Posts feature consistently, but I would hate to miss something the site admins and mods feel is important enough to put in front of us.

For example, Alan felt it was important that he not only receive our feedback but insured we see it so we did not miss an opportunity to speak up. It takes a second to pass through the notification if you don't want to read it.

I feel that if the people that make this site available to us, for free, believe that from time-to-time imperative or helpful information be passed in front of the eyes of the membership when they log on, they should feel free to do so. And we should take the time to look at it.

Just my .02 cents on sale for free.

(this from the new guy....)

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I believe Alan is trying to keep everyone informed.You cannot be angry with him for trying to make this forum a success.There are other forums who do not treat their members as good as this one.Just my opinion.

carneyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    Tyler
    I agree. If it didn't show up when I check the site, I might not have seen it (I tend to miss threads somehow).

It appears quoting previous posts doesn't work in Firefox...or maybe its just me. Don't know if there is anything on your end that you could do, just something I've noticed.

Edit: Nope, just me...I need to pay more attention sometimes.

kingofwylietx

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW area.....Wylie.
    First, I really like this site the way it is now. However, I do like the idea of mobile access too. It's not a big deal, but would be neat..........I think......my phone can be a bit cumbersome when used to view a forum.

I really appreciate keeping the profanity and bickering to a minimum. It's not needed and takes away from the overall experience. I will say that TGT has very little of that, and that I do like (stuff like that has driven me away from another forum, as it got out of hand). People here may disagree, but it is done with respect and is usually more of a debate. I like that it doesn't turn into nasty namecalling and such.

Good job!

nalioth

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Houston Metro
    1. Emoticon Pack. I can probably get a huge emoticon pack we have on another forum for you if you like. Similar stuff like you have.
    Perhaps a thread where artistic folks can put smilieys that they've made, or folks can put in smilies they might want to see included.

The problem with smilies is that when you get too many, it tends to bog down the viewers machine.

I know of a forum that has several hundred smilies and some of the users with older machines have trouble with the "Show all smilies" page.

TJ Willy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Wichita Falls
    What about implementing a simple weekly chat. I could upload the chat on Wednesday night and have it open from 6 PM - Midnight.

That sounds like a good idea. I have usually avoided the chat sessions, come in too late in the game and people just kinda talk with the people they know, but I think I would like try it out being the ground floor and all.

Good suggestion.

Top Bottom