• ...and so much more!
  • TexasBound

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    San Antonio
    I have a Springfield XDs in .45..

Tupperware gun, but it was affordable.

Would like to buy & carry something more substantial. TheXDs operates fine but it won't eject a LE Hollowpoint that has not been fire, catches in the ejection port.
    Venture Surplus ad

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I have a Springfield XDs in .45..

Tupperware gun, but it was affordable.

Would like to buy & carry something more substantial. TheXDs operates fine but it won't eject a LE Hollowpoint that has not been fire, catches in the ejection port.

TexasBound,

I've discovered the TUKISH-made TISAS & almost all of them are arcraft aluminum frame with stainless steel slide/barrel.

AL of the TISAS that I've tried are NICE, including my ZIGANA K, which is my EDC.

You may want to look at one of those when they are back in stock - every vendor that i know is SOLD OUT.

yours, satx

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    Give Dan Wesson a look. They make excellent 1911 handguns! If the 1911 platform is not a must I would suggest a CZ 75 Compact series handgun like the P01. If you go Omega, you can carry in SA like a 1911.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Yesterday I ordered a Rock Island Armory BBR 3.10 double stack 10 +1 round .45. $ 629.99, no tax, $30 shipping.
    I put it in the lay a way, easier to make two payments.
    It was at Elk County Arms And Ammo.
    Same as Para Warthog. MAY take the same magazine, don't for a fact yet.

Last edited:

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Been wanting one for a long time and could find not any. Use to edc a Warthog until the bad times hit a few years ago, had to sell it among many others. As soon as I get my hands on it I will send pics and report.
    Don't get a headache over it,

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    I don’t think they have made them for a while, but my first 1911 was a Para P12 LDA. 3 1/2 in barrel, 12 + 1. Finicky about magazines but ultimately a very good compact carry gun. I find the 3 1/2 inch very natural to point, more so than my commanders or 3 inch 1911’s. I don’t carry it much anymore - the only downside is 13 rounds of 230 is pretty heavy in a paddle holster. I usually sacrifice the magazine capacity for lighter weight.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Most of the time I carry a Combat Commander 4040XE, the stainless model. A good holster and cinch my belt up and ready to go. So used to it I can't tell it's there. IWB also. Carried a Warthog so much iwb that I wore off some of the finish.

Fishkiller

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 22, 2019
    Frederickburg
    Sometimes I just feel like I am tilting over with the Commander. it is a Lightweight one, but with a full mag it comes in around 35 ounces. I like to shoot it, but not so much to carry especially in the summer with shorts. I have gone to the sig P938 for most days. Mucho lighter and one less round of 9 vs 45. Sometime I feel I am a wimp

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Sometimes I just feel like I am tilting over with the Commander. it is a Lightweight one, but with a full mag it comes in around 35 ounces. I like to shoot it, but not so much to carry especially in the summer with shorts. I have gone to the sig P938 for most days. Mucho lighter and one less round of 9 vs 45. Sometime I feel I am a wimp
    I reckon it's what you get use to. Sometimes I carry something smaller and lighter, but mostly the Commander.
    Even the P229 doesn't weight me down. I am just used to having something hanging off my right side, I feel naked when I don't. I will go with mostly the RIA BBR 3.10 when it comes in.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I'm seriously considering another Colt. Most likely a 10mm. I've not owned one but I shot a friends 10mm whenever we go to his ranch. It's a hoot to shoot!

I had the opportunity shoot a friend's 10mm a few months ago and now I REALLY want one of my own! I do love my 45's, but that 10mm was just too much fun to shoot. His was the SA XD series, but I'd like to have one in a 1911. Might have to build one!

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    @TipBledsoe , did you decide on something yet? i may have missed it.

i think i am going to pull the trigger (hehe) on a sig ultra compact .45ACP ... will decide in a couple days :)
    Why are you choosing the Sig?

I'm leaning more toward the Kimber "Ultra Carry II" or maybe the "Raptor II" if I can justify the price (because they're so darned beautiful) or maybe a Colt Defender (because... well, it's a Colt!).

txgirliegirl

loves dogs more than people
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2020
    Richmond
    Why are you choosing the Sig?

I'm leaning more toward the Kimber "Ultra Carry II" or maybe the "Raptor II" if I can justify the price (because they're so darned beautiful) or maybe a Colt Defender (because... well, it's a Colt!).

i have had great experiences with sig (minus my recently purchased P938 legion but hopefully that is just a defective magazine issue!) ... for the price and the reviews i have read, seems like a good choice...i really think the kimbers are beautiful but worry about their "high maintenence" aspect....even the gun sales people whom i have spoken with and love kimbers agree with the pickiness of them regarding ammo, magazines, etc. and i would prefer something a little easier and less finicky :) ... i would definitely get a colt but those are quite a bit more than i can get the sig for...if money were not a consideration, i would get a colt defender! :D

Top Bottom