Not open for further replies.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    KellyAsh, you give yourself entirely too much credit. I reacted to your proclamation with my own opinion. If you'll look around this site, I generally say that while I have my opinion, others will have theirs - and that's fine. But when you make blanket statements, I have to ask the background of your opinions, which I read (based on what you wrote):

My vote is for a Springfield. Colts have bad reputations for reliability, Kimbers are expsensive and have tight tolerances and start to malfunction when they get dirty. Springfields seem to offer the best of all worlds but thats just one guys opinion.

That would imply a knowledge based on personal observation that Kimbers have tight tolerances that cause them to malfunction when they get dirty. Well, heck - ANY gun will malfunction when dirty. I've purposely allowed several of my guns to get pretty grimey just to see what happens - and to be honest, they still were doing fine when I finally couldn't stand it any longer and had to clean them. Rather than challenge you on your choice of guns, I stated my own personal experience with the guns you referenced. Are you saying that I can't have the right to my own opinion?

As to the other deal - frankly, I don't even remember it. It takes a LOT to make me remember someone on a general discussion board - it's nothing personal, but I've simply usually found that while I may disagree strongly with someone on one point, I might be in total agreement with 'em on others - so I generally don't try to "keep score". Life's too short to worry over such stuff, IMO.
    Texas SOT

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom