compact 9mm the m&p or g19 4th

country_boy

TGT Addict
Feb 7, 2009
Round Rock
What should I get? Im use to glocks, no experience with a 4th gen. Havent fired a m&p but I hear people like them.

hellishhorses

Well-Known
Oct 15, 2013
Eddy
Carry an M&P9c everyday and love it. But if you're a glockophile you won't be disappointed with the gen 4 offerings. Have a G21 gen 4 and love it too.

Whisky

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Jan 27, 2013
don't know about the M&P but we've got 2 G19s (gen 4s) - was cleaning a couple of Glocks after my Wife took 'em shooting and thought to myself..."damn, these are so simple" - and, as you know they're really good, reliable shooters

so I'd say...... well, you know

TheDan

4th Best Member
TGT Supporter
Nov 11, 2008
Austin - Rockdale
I could never get into Glocks... Boring plus the trigger sucks.

I really like the M&P line. Currently have three different ones and have owned 5 total. It kinda comes down to personal preference, tho.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
I could never get into Glocks... Boring plus the trigger sucks.

I really like the M&P line. Currently have three different ones and have owned 5 total. It kinda comes down to personal preference, tho.
Ive never shot a Glock.

The M&P fits me well. The trigger is OK. I find the Shield trigger good.

TheDan, you find the Glock trigger worse than the M&P?

To the OP, the Glock 19 seams to be about a standard for a compact handgun. If youre happy in that world, id stay there unless you get the chance to try an M&P Compact to shoot and are impressed with it.

Odiferous

Apr 26, 2011
Evans, Georgia
I've had both, and liked them equally. To me they're pretty much the same gun.

My problem was finding M&P magazines - after ten months of waiting I gave up on S&W and went back to Glock.

Just my 2 cents.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
I've had both, and liked them equally. To me they're pretty much the same gun.

My problem was finding M&P magazines - after ten months of waiting I gave up on S&W and went back to Glock.

Just my 2 cents.
Mags were a major issue. I got some a few months ago and havent checked supplies since then. Unfortunately it is or was an issue.

Top Bottom