• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Handgun World

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2011
    San Antonio
    M&P's are great guns. But their magazine availability problem is inexcusable. The buying scare is over, yet it's still way too hard to find them and they cost way too much. This is a big deal. Please, one has to spend considerable money upgrading the trigger system in all M&P's except the Shield. It's easy to polish a few parts or drop in an inexpensive connector to improve the Glock trigger. Magazines for Glocks are everywhere and lower cost. I have 2 4th Gen G19's and I've owned M&P's and currently own the Shield. M&P's look nice, but that's about their only advantage. Anyone can learn to shoot a Glock regardless of it's grip.

HandgunWorld Podcast
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

DarkGreenMarine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Groesbeck, TX
    Shield mags havent been nearly as hard to find as full size or compact mags.

It conceals a little better w the 7 round mag but i shoot it much better with the 8 round mag.

Thats good to know. I just got mine yesterday and I'm working today so I haven't had a chance to fire it. I found the mags a bit hard to load on the last round for both sizes.

I'm considering an UpULA ... better than making up a preference to not fill the mag for some sort of mechanical performace advantage.

Reaper277

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    What do you like to change on them? M&P popular mod is the Apex trigger. I cant think of anything else to do them aside from sights.

My wife has a hard time racking the slide so on her 19 I added a slide pull. Just one of a ton of options for the glock. That being said I prob will buy an M&P in the future, just haven't done so yet.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Thats good to know. I just got mine yesterday and I'm working today so I haven't had a chance to fire it. I found the mags a bit hard to load on the last round for both sizes.

I'm considering an UpULA ... better than making up a preference to not fill the mag for some sort of mechanical performace advantage.
    Get an UpULA. I bought one yesterday. It works fantastically.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    I am getting the Shield either toniite or tomorrow morning and I dont like the shorter mag that comes with it. I was going to buy the 8 rd mag but sounds like this is an issue, not sure why though...then I saw this....

rmYEepv.png

I don't care, I'm still getting it.

Why does the Shield's single stack look like a freakin' double stack? Or is it staggered?

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    S&W is American made with glock reliability. What more could you ask for.

And they say shields are single stacked but they are indeed staggerd.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    M&P's are great guns. But their magazine availability problem is inexcusable. The buying scare is over, yet it's still way too hard to find them and they cost way too much. This is a big deal. Please, one has to spend considerable money upgrading the trigger system in all M&P's except the Shield. It's easy to polish a few parts or drop in an inexpensive connector to improve the Glock trigger. Magazines for Glocks are everywhere and lower cost. I have 2 4th Gen G19's and I've owned M&P's and currently own the Shield. M&P's look nice, but that's about their only advantage. Anyone can learn to shoot a Glock regardless of it's grip.

HandgunWorld Podcast

I could "learn" to shoot a Hipoint also, regardless of grip.

Your post comes across as "fanboy'ish".

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I could "learn" to shoot a Hipoint also, regardless of grip.

Your post comes across as "fanboy'ish".

"Only thing good about M&Ps is they look nice."

I like M&Ps but ive got plenty of good things to say about the Glock. I dont get the fanatical allegiance some have to their companies of choice.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Im invested in glock, I have a 22 and a 17. That 19 can work with the 17 mags plus the 33rd mag.

Dont like the way the m&p mag is angled and I like the way glock mags are designed..

Last edited:
    Top Bottom