• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sucker76

Don't let the username fool you
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 15, 2015
    Lake Jackson
    This is a good reminder that heavy machinery is unforgiving and doesn't care what your religion is. It's too bad this person put religion ahead of common sense safety.
    I work in a chemical plant and always remind the young operators and engineers that we don't work at a candy factory.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    It's sad that Canada has become so politically correct that the company would likely have been fined for terminating the employee for refusing to dress appropriately for the job, moving the employee to a different position, or taking any other disciplinary action.

This is what happens when SJWs are in charge. People get sucked in to machinery and ripped to pieces. Don't let SJWs take over the country.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Allah Akbar...

[Kinda hard to merge a 13th century work force mentality with 21st century factory machinery]

Last edited:
    Reactions: MTA

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I'm not so sure this a politically correct thing as I could see the exact same thing happening here.

In the Texas, the EEOC and TWC and likely the media, would come down on you hard for firing someone or refusing to allow them to work without their headscarf. But on the flip side, OSHA would come in and fine you big time if someone died due to religious clothing getting caught in the machinery.

Unfortunately you have to have a safety policy written by a lawyer to try and justify clothing requirements and then hope the ACLU doesn't come after you because they think you offended someone.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    OK, you can wear your hijab but you need to wear a hairnet over it and you need to proof you still have your full degree of 210 degrees of field of vision, not accounting for eye movement.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I'm not so sure this a politically correct thing as I could see the exact same thing happening here.

In the Texas, the EEOC and TWC and likely the media, would come down on you hard for firing someone or refusing to allow them to work without their headscarf. But on the flip side, OSHA would come in and fine you big time if someone died due to religious clothing getting caught in the machinery.

Unfortunately you have to have a safety policy written by a lawyer to try and justify clothing requirements and then hope the ACLU doesn't come after you because they think you offended someone.

True.

We've already awarded settlements to Muslims who refused to deliver beer as part of their job. However, I have to admit the same protection under the equal rights act has covered county employees who wouldn't sign same sex marriage licenses for the same reason.

In the case of an OSHA safety requirement they'd have to show they couldn't occomodate the person without our undue hardship. Personally, over time I've come to see the civil rights act as having a pretty negative effect. Even if allowing that some protections need be in place, the Civil rights act should be considered far to broad in scope and the very idea that an employer should be forced to accommodate the religious beliefs of an employee disturbs me. Regardless of the employees religion.

If you can't do the job your applying for or hired to do, there should be no requirement for the employer to change the job description to suit you.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    If you can't do the job your applying for or hired to do, there should be no requirement for the employer to change the job description to suit you.

There is a defense of bonafide qualified occupational qualification (or requirement), but the burden of proof is on the employer in the case of a lawsuit brought against them. Most of the time things are reasonable and the judges rule quickly, but if it's one of those PC type cases, then look out.

RobertTheTexan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2017
    Central Texas
    It's sad that Canada has become so politically correct that the company would likely have been fined for terminating the employee for refusing to dress appropriately for the job, moving the employee to a different position, or taking any other disciplinary action.

This is what happens when SJWs are in charge. People get sucked in to machinery and ripped to pieces. Don't let SJWs take over the country.

Yep yep and yep

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    You must think in leftist terms before asking such questions. It loses a lot in the translation.

Or imagine the biggest leftist cess pool in the US and multiply it by 10. Then think of Obama but 10 times more cuck being in charge.

Now you have Canada. Where the agenda is all that matters and anything else is whatever "ist" makes you the bad guy.

Top Bottom