Hurley's Gold

Complicated gun owner tranfer - need advice!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    christmas is coming up. ask ol' santa for one.

then it will be legal and best of all FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Target Sports

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I really appreciate everyone's input but my question has yet to be answered clearly. It seems like people are quoting the older laws and newer federal and state laws against eahc other. And at this point ive ruled out the idea of that straw purchase. I dont want to bring any extra hassels on me or my friend.

Bullshit.

Both Bithabus and I have given you the correct info. Others have pointed out if you just a get a Texas ID you will be GTG. You have been told not to have your friend buy it for you. You have everything you need except someone to hold your hand while you are buying it.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    you got the info needed. i dont wanna say a lot, but maybe a good percentage of FFL's, dont bother to keep up to date with current laws, or call the hotline. some of them wait till they get that visit from the batfe for an audit, before they ask them questions they have. how often they get an audit is a different story. they have specialized sections online for FFL's to ask other FFL's info, if they are not sure.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    troll-web.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Junior, all I can tell you is that if your reading comprehension skills are so crappy that you can't read the specific responses back to your questions, and understand that as with any regulation there's going to be changes and subsequent confusion on the part of those affected - then you need to go back home and flip burgers for the rest of your life.

I've sat here, watching guys busting their butts for you to find specific, accurate answers - and all you're doing is dissin' them. Screw that - and you. Go do whatever the hell you want, and if you do it wrong it's on you.

Just sign me.....

Mr. Tactful

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    I really appreciate everyone's input but my question has yet to be answered clearly. It seems like people are quoting the older laws and newer federal and state laws against eahc other. And at this point ive ruled out the idea of that straw purchase. I dont want to bring any extra hassels on me or my friend.

I think it has been clearly answered. I even quoted the ATF FAQs. Let me try simplifying it:
    1) You 100% CAN buy a 10/22 legally in TX as a resident of FL.
    2) As you have seen in the thread, just because it is legal, does not mean an FFL will sell it to you.
    3) Find an FFL that will or find a face to face deal on a used model.
    4) If you find an FFL that will sell to you, but they dont have the gun you want or price you want, Purchase the gun elsewhere like buds, gunbroker.com, etc. and have it transferred to them.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    Guys I think he is trying, got an ad up looking for one, just has not gotten any responses to it yet.

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/want-buy/27827-wtb-want-buy-ruger-10-22-a.html#post329429

Any one have a 10-22 you can help the guy out with? Correct me if I am wrong, but can you ship rifles person to person in Texas without using a FFL???

thats what ive read, that you can ship intrastate(within state) without an ffl, but it has to be certain mail services and at specific drop locations that do not hold over night, so a main transit hub location.

Top Bottom