• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Well if not this; whom amongst us will be first to storm the castle. Even the founders exhausted every diplomatic way before it became a full on gun fight. We owe it to all patriots to do the same...cause there will be no winners. Just degrees of loosing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Sounds interesting. I agree that it could lead to gross misconduct but what other alternatives do we have... because the widespread idea of voting everyone out of office and starting over seems like a pipe dream to me.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Well if not this; whom amongst us will be first to storm the castle. Even the founders exhausted every diplomatic way before it became a full on gun fight. We owe it to all patriots to do the same...cause there will be no winners. Just degrees of loosing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I agree, look at history. This country is one of the very few, if not the only time, a revolution actually changed anything but the names of the oppressors.

Sent from my iPhone by a coffeeholic

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    He was too vague (imho)......to address problems? What problems? The only way to fix what, specifically?

Hell, some folks think us owning guns is a problem........I want to know a whole lot more before I throw in my support for a CC....

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    So we have to have a party, so we know what kind of of party we had.......

Makes sense...lol..

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I think a con-con might be the only way to restore the republic at this point. Repeal the 16th and 17th amendments. Add a balanced budget amendment, an amendment that protects intrastate commerce from federal regulation under the guise of interstate commerce, and an amendment to prevent congress from making law that exempts themselves (like the ACA). That would be a good start to getting us back on track. Good luck getting 38 states to agree on all that, tho...

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Bring it on! Amendments are not electoral college/population based type things. It is much more likely to get "red" bills through that "blue" bills. Either way if the commies screw it to hard it's a perfect excuse for the Texas flag to be the highest on the pole.

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I realize that the idea of a balanced budget amendment sounds great but what makes anybody think it wouldn't be used by the left to force perpetual tax increases rather than spending cuts?

My fear is that we would emerge from a constitutional convention with less freedoms, not more. The left would push for constitutional enshrinement of universal healthcare, free abortion on demand, massive gun restrictions if not an outright ban, nationalization of the oil industry and other nonsense under the guise of "global warming", among many, many other things. Most of what conservatives would be pushing for is already there, it's just been bastardized or ignored over the years by the left and leftist leaning courts.

The answer, imho, is to continue to find, support, and elect guys like Ted Cruz and get back to the Constitution as it is written. Yes, it will take time and there will be setbacks but unless somebody can convince me that we can keep the left's influence out of it, the risk of opening up the whole thing is not one I would be willing to take.

Last edited:

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Dash - given that these have to be ratified by the states, do you think there are 38 states that would ratify the things you outline? Or would there more likely be 38 state legislatures that would ratify more conservative ideas?

It's not a popular vote - it's a vote of the state legislatures.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I see it more likely that nothing would make it through than any liberal retardedness finding its way in to the constitution. There are more red states than blue states but it would be a fight to even get the things we would like passed through.

Any liberal progressive amendments would be nearly impossible to pass.

In reality, I think this idea will go nowhere and if it does I'm not sure how many would be willing to out the vote on there resume. Many would, but I'm not optimistic the it would be enough.

Top Bottom