• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    My conceal carry license expires 6-5-2014....I already received a notice from the State of Texas...about what time frame should I look at renewing it??? I know it takes a while for approval?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    mine expires in March, I hope I can find that packet they sent me ..
    If I can't can I still renew online?

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Yes. You can start the online process at any time you want.

that's good to hear. I don't even know what I did with the packet they sent me or what was in it , I just read the cover letter and stashed it away somewhere. I was wanting to go online over the break and do my renewal.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I renewed online today. Took about 15 minutes and it went smoothly.
    According to the site, all I have to do is print off this checklist and send it in with a copy of my DD214 and they are gonna try and use my old fingerprints and photos. If they can't I'll have to deal with that and send it a whole new packet it sounds like. Either way they make it clear if anything goes wrong with the online renewal, you forfeit the money you paid over the website.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I renewed online today. Took about 15 minutes and it went smoothly.
    According to the site, all I have to do is print off this checklist and send it in with a copy of my DD214 and they are gonna try and use my old fingerprints and photos. If they can't I'll have to deal with that and send it a whole new packet it sounds like. Either way they make it clear if anything goes wrong with the online renewal, you forfeit the money you paid over the website.

You only pay today. If your prints are not usable and they need new ones they will send you a letter. You will not have to pay any additional, unless you fail to respond within 90 days of that letter. They will also use your DL photo. If for some reason that is not possible, they will send you a letter and the 90 rule will apply.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    I finally got around to digging my 214 out of the safe and scanned in a copy to send in with my renewal form. The form that you get emailed to you when you pay/renew online has a bar code on it and it says you can mail or email in that form with any documents required.
    I had a heck of a time finding the email address to send it to printed on the renewal l form.
    Then I finally figured out you have to use the contact page where you fill out the online form and attach your documents and send it in that way.

I wished that part was a little better explained but overall, a pretty easy process.

Last edited:

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    @ Randy45: I would start the renewal process as soon as possible. Don't know how long renewals are taking, but new applications processed in late October are running around 85 days, and the wait is growing exponentially.

Last edited:

Rick858

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Mt. Pleasant, TX
    DPS is getting more and more applicants but the legislators did not provide extra funding to take on more people to process applications/renewals. That is the reason for delay!

Randy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2008
    Austin
    As a follow up,, I applied online early January and i received my my renewal license this last weekend in the mail. Painless, quick and easy...now should I dispose of the old license because it didn't expire until June 2014, or is it no longer valid since I received my new one?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    As a follow up,, I applied online early January and i received my my renewal license this last weekend in the mail. Painless, quick and easy...now should I dispose of the old license because it didn't expire until June 2014, or is it no longer valid since I received my new one?

Destroy it.

Under the Administrative Code you are only supposed to have 1 valid license.

Top Bottom