• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    Does anyone know if Texas is going to try to enact carry laws such as like Vermont? Other states are trying to just wondering if our officals "trust" us enough to do the right thing and let us carry license free.

Gutshot
    Lynx Defense

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I prefer the state concentrate more on allowing those with CHLs to carry in more places. Right now every law-abiding Texan can carry in their vehicles and at their place of business without a license, expanding that to let them carry anywhere falls into the same category as open carry in my book. Nice to have, but not the highest priority...

randmplumbingllc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    El Paso
    I know that Arizona is trying to push Constitutional Carry through right now. The bill was killed and brought back to life again. It has a slim chance to pass, but I am not holding my breath. Too much money for the state to let go of. IMO

I think Texas has to pass open carry first, before considering Constitutional Carry.

tussery

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    Corpus Christi
    I prefer the state concentrate more on allowing those with CHLs to carry in more places. Right now every law-abiding Texan can carry in their vehicles and at their place of business without a license, expanding that to let them carry anywhere falls into the same category as open carry in my book. Nice to have, but not the highest priority...
    I can't carry at work because I work at a university that has 30.06's posted on all buildings. Not to mention I would probably lose my job if it was found that there was a firearm in my vehicle that was on the university campus.

jimbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    north richland hills, texas

I agree with this!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I don't see Texas allowing CHL carry in beer joints, because a few who can't or won't hold their liquor seem bent on being argumentive when they have had a snort. Truthfully we ahould be allowed to carry CHL anywhere but theres always that percent that spoil it for all. Learned a long time ago that the beer or spirits taste better at home where there ar no bad a$$es or slobbering drunks to contend with. The streets and Highways are bad enough without the cut and shoot types stumbling into you.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I can't carry at work because I work at a university that has 30.06's posted on all buildings. Not to mention I would probably lose my job if it was found that there was a firearm in my vehicle that was on the university campus.

If I am not mistaken, I believe he meant a place of business owned by that individual.....not just anyplace somebody works.

Gutshot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Justin, Texas
    What are some of the places mentioned previously where one would want to carry but the states does not allow. I can see the need not to carry inside some government buildings.(court rooms, prisons and jails, etc.)

Gutshot

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Texas State Parks have provisions, but you have to jump through hoops to be allowed:

Arms and Firearms. It is an offense for any person to display or discharge an arm or firearm in a state park, unless:
    1. the person is participating in a public hunting activity within the state park that has been authorized by written order of the director so long as the person is in compliance with the applicable public hunting rules and regulations; or
    2. the person has been authorized by written order of the director.
    It would be nice to carry in the Parks for myself, due to the nature of training I do with my Bloodhound. We do Human Remains Detection tracking practice up here at Ray Roberts, and I am not allowed to carry while conducting these training runs. Would be nice if allowed just due to snakes/animals we have run across while tracking. It seems some "decent" people have used Ray Roberts as their dumping ground for unwanted pets that seem to have made a home in areas and run in packs...not to mention skunks, racoons and porcupines (now THAT is a Vet visit!) just to name a few instances where having a sidearm would be a deterent.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Texas State Parks have provisions, but you have to jump through hoops to be allowed:

Arms and Firearms. It is an offense for any person to display or discharge an arm or firearm in a state park, unless:

1. the person is participating in a public hunting activity within the state park that has been authorized by written order of the director so long as the person is in compliance with the applicable public hunting rules and regulations; or
    It would be nice to carry in the Parks for myself, due to the nature of training I do with my Bloodhound
    That has nothing to do with carry. It has to do with display and discharge. You can carry under a CHL in a state park. .

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

A big +1. Expanding the "carry places" is and should be the priority of the pro-gun movement, in addition to protecting our gun rights from the progressives.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx

It would be nice to carry in the Parks for myself, due to the nature of training I do with my Bloodhound. We do Human Remains Detection tracking practice up here at Ray Roberts, and I am not allowed to carry while conducting these training runs. Would be nice if allowed just due to snakes/animals we have run across while tracking. It seems some "decent" people have used Ray Roberts as their dumping ground for unwanted pets that seem to have made a home in areas and run in packs...not to mention skunks, racoons and porcupines (now THAT is a Vet visit!) just to name a few instances where having a sidearm would be a deterent.

?? Are you a CHL holder? Why do I ask? Because you are mistaken about state parks. Refresh your understanding of carry laws.

TexasFats

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    Austin, Texas

It does not matter whether or not they have 30.06's posted or not. According to Texas Law, carrying on the premises of an educational institution is a Third-Degree Felony, with 2-10 years and up to $10,000 fine. The 30.06 signs have no bearing on that law. The law also defines "premises" as "building or portion thereof." It specifically exempts walks, parking lots, streets, and the like. But, you are probably correct about being fired for a gun in your car. I know that I would be.

Top Bottom