• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtk07

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Melissa
    Trying to get an understanding on this law can someone help me out? Does this mean you need to have written authorization?

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder's person:

(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing facility licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing facility administration, as appropriate;
    (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

Capture1.jpg

HarryCallahan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    Dallas
    Trying to get an understanding on this law can someone help me out? Does this mean you need to have written authorization?

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE/htm/PE.46.htm

A license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, on or about the license holder's person:

(4) on the premises of a hospital licensed under Chapter 241, Health and Safety Code, or on the premises of a nursing facility licensed under Chapter 242, Health and Safety Code, unless the license holder has written authorization of the hospital or nursing facility administration, as appropriate;
    (6) on the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship.

View attachment 37300

Keep reading, a church is not off limits unless it is posted 30.06 or 30.07.

(5)AAin an amusement park; or (6)AAon the premises of a church, synagogue, or other established place of religious worship. (c)AAA license holder commits an offense if the license holder intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster, at any meeting of a governmental entity. (d)AAA license holder commits an offense if, while intoxicated, the license holder carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, regardless of whether the handgun is concealed or carried in a shoulder or belt holster. (g)AAAn offense under this section [Subsection (a), (b), (c), (d), or (e)] is a Class A misdemeanor, unless the offense is committed under Subsection (b)(1) or (b)(3), in which event the offense is a felony of the third degree. (h)AAIt is a defense to prosecution under Subsection (a) or (a-1) that the actor, at the time of the commission of the offense, displayed the handgun under circumstances in which the actor would have been justified in the use of force or deadly force under Chapter 9. (i)AASubsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor was not given effective notice under Section 30.06 or 30.07.

jtk07

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    Melissa
    Awesome! I wish they would make the laws more strait forward and be placed on the owners of the business or property.

I feel the law should just be cut and dry, if you don't want open carry anywhere in the state of Texas a 30.07 sign must be posted. If you do not want concealed carry post a 30.06 sign. Way to much talk for lawyers and interpenetration.

XD40inTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2016
    I carry at our church. So does my wife. So does the pastor. So do a lot of other people.

Top Bottom