• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Seabear1500

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Corpus Christi
    If you were to think like a criminal, there is more to gain from a home invasion in a nice neighborhood than in a bad one. That's why really nice neighborhoods are gated and have security. You know, to stop Robin Hood. LOL
    Texas SOT

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Before I had kids, I had guns strategically placed thruout the house. After kids (AK) most are locked away. The one on my hip goes to it's appointed storage place in my bedroom. I do not leave them out to be seen as there are numerous teenagers in and out of my house at all hours of the day and night. Some know well enough to keep their greasy mitts off my guns, but there is the real possibility one of the urchins does not know me well enough to have gotten "the talk". AND, my 22 year old step daughter is about as gun smart as a 4 year old (and an uninitiated 4 year old at that). She WILL pick it up and wave it around like a stupid girl gangster. Eventually she will pull the trigger so she does not get the opportunity to get close to the guns, ever.

Butchbird

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    San Antonio
    My house is a child free zone -- and I'm considered a cantankerous old fart by my neighbors so they leave me alone -- There are a number of revolvers stashed around the house -- My carry gun goes on top of my computer when I get home -- Since my wife died five years ago there is one in the kingsized bed next to me when I sleep as well as one in the nightstand -- add a top of the line security system and two large toothy dogs w/attitude that sleep in my bedroom I feel fairly well taken care of

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    My carry gun, in holster, goes in the top drawer of my dresser, which is in a separate lockable walkin closet. Since it's just my wife and I, I keep a 1911 in my nightstand all the time, and a .357Mag elsewhere in the house; it's the gun I go to if we're watching TV or eating and there's something unexplained going on outside (doorbell, car parking) that might need attention. I believe our town is extremely safe; I can't recall the last violent crime here ... but I do keep the .357 within easy reach anyhow ... better safe than sorry ...

Top Bottom