Concealed carry at Houston BBQ

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
Sep 8, 2008
Houston
I havn't had much time to research the topic. Can some one carry to the BBQ event? I'll be in a vendors tent but I don't drink.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
No 30.06 or 51% sign and you are good to go. Just don't drink at all, which you said you don't do anyways.

Make sure it's not on a public land that is regulated.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
after reading PC 46.035. On pages 39-40 of the texas CHL I wouldn't
I don't know what you're looking at to make that determination, but if I were to guess and be right, you need to continue reading that section. You'll see this:

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

iratollah

May 25, 2008
Well it's after the fact, but the event was not posted. Nevertheless, if you were getting there on the Park n Ride, I wouldn't recommend carrying. If I was taking the train, I'd consider carrying because of where we'd have left the car, but I'm glad I didn't carry. The beer flows freely and you'll want some. Lots and lots of drunks along with plenty of police. Last thing you'd want to do in that very crowded venue is unholster. I left mine in the car, there's better SD options for that type of environment.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
Sep 8, 2008
Houston
Sorry for the short message. I was driving into Houston when I posted this. I ended up not carrying to the BBQ event. I didn't know the laws pertaining to a public event with alcohol being served.

JKTex

Well-Known
Mar 11, 2008
DFW, North Texas
Sorry for the short message. I was driving into Houston when I posted this. I ended up not carrying to the BBQ event. I didn't know the laws pertaining to a public event with alcohol being served.
Do you have a CHL? If so, you really should know. At least that would have been part of the class at least.

Top Bottom