• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    No 30.06 or 51% sign and you are good to go. Just don't drink at all, which you said you don't do anyways.

Make sure it's not on a public land that is regulated.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    after reading PC 46.035. On pages 39-40 of the texas CHL I wouldn't

I don't know what you're looking at to make that determination, but if I were to guess and be right, you need to continue reading that section. You'll see this:

(i) Subsections (b)(4), (b)(5), (b)(6), and (c) do not apply if the actor
    was not given effective notice under Section 30.06.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Well it's after the fact, but the event was not posted. Nevertheless, if you were getting there on the Park n Ride, I wouldn't recommend carrying. If I was taking the train, I'd consider carrying because of where we'd have left the car, but I'm glad I didn't carry. The beer flows freely and you'll want some. Lots and lots of drunks along with plenty of police. Last thing you'd want to do in that very crowded venue is unholster. I left mine in the car, there's better SD options for that type of environment.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    Sorry for the short message. I was driving into Houston when I posted this. I ended up not carrying to the BBQ event. I didn't know the laws pertaining to a public event with alcohol being served.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Sorry for the short message. I was driving into Houston when I posted this. I ended up not carrying to the BBQ event. I didn't know the laws pertaining to a public event with alcohol being served.

Do you have a CHL? If so, you really should know. At least that would have been part of the class at least.

cajunautoxer

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 8, 2008
    Houston
    I'm sorry I didn't think that with the BBQ contest last wknd and me mentioning vendor tents that it wasn't obvious what I was talking about. I just hate typing on the iPhone

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I'm sorry I didn't think that with the BBQ contest last wknd and me mentioning vendor tents that it wasn't obvious what I was talking about. I just hate typing on the iPhone

If you live near where it's going on, maybe, if you follow things like that. Texas is a big place. I'm in north Texas, I don't keep up stuff like that in other cities. I'm sure others don't either.

But the issue that was left out was that you are from out of state. Whether you have a CHL and would be OK carrying in Texas or not wasn't the question though, but knowing sheds a light in the way the question was asked and was obvious you may not know Texas laws, which would be important.

I would have carried.

claymore504

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Katy, TX
    I can't stand it anymore...The event is the BBQ cook off to kick off the Houston Livestock show and rodeo. It takes place on the Reliant Center grounds!!!

Top Bottom