• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I vary as to my carry gun. I have a NAA Guardian that is often with me at work for deep conceal, but I also have started carrying a Kel-Tec p11 to work. The rest of the time depends on what I am doing. Getting sweaty, S&W M&P, casual, either Springfield Mil-Spec or Sig p229.

OOOhhhh...I love the idea of 'dress' guns!

[snob voice]I wear my Springfield to the country club and the Beretta for golf outings.[/snob voice]:D
    Guns International

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    Yep, I have my Sunday go to meeting guns and holsters. I can't even explain why since no one sees it but me.:rolleyes:

TexasHK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Seguin, Tx
    What you carry is up to you, everyone has their favorite flavor.
    I personally would not carry a .380 as someone on speed or a killing rage may just get pissed off by a .380, but I digress.

I am a 45 ACP fan, because it was purpose built for killing people, that is why the US used as the service weapon until the mid 80s with change to the Beretta M9.
    Don't get me wrong, the 380 will work, but as with all, shot placement is going to be #1. I like my 45 as with how I dress usually, concealing a full size 1911 is really not that much of an issue, and as I've seen written, with the cell phone age everyone has a 'lump' under a shirt.

It's just my flavor to carry something that will 'hurt' and bring someone down with one shot to the chest, and with +P 200grain Hollow Points, Hurt indeed. It all goes back to my first statement, no one can tell you what to carry, we can only make suggestions and it is up to you to find something that you are comfortable carrying and proficient in its use...just make sure that when you leave your house, you make sure that you know that you will use that weapon should the need arise. An adversary within six feet of you can disarm you if you have not made up your mind to pull the trigger.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There are no magic calibers. :rolleyes: A cop I worked with was shot 6 times in the chest with a .45 and lived. I saw a guy shot in the leg wth a .22 go straight down and die.

For the record, I carry a .45, but I have no fantasies about it stopping someone with one shot.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm moving towards 9mm. I still like 45acp but, the more I've learned, the more ballistic tests I see, and the more 45acp costs I have realized that 9mm is perfectly sufficient. It's also considerably cheaper, easier to control for quicker follow up shots, not nearly as unforgiving in compacts and sub compacts (okay some subcompacts can be a bit of a handful in 9mm ;)), etc.

JDKRIEK

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    WYLIE
    Just got my CHL today! 80 days.

Now at least I don’t have to worry about upholstering my Kimber in the car before I walk into a store, ect.

My work place is ok with firearms, in fact my bosses carry and are getting their CHLs as well.

JAFO

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    S. A., TX
    I'm toying with the idea of taking the CHL class next month. I already have a S&W 642CT waiting for me to be legally allowed to carry it. May I ask what mode of carry those with .38 snubbies use? I have a Nemesis for pocket carry, but I'm thinking of an IWB for it as well.

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    No CHL yet, but I'm tempted to try rolling with my G17 after I take the class and the license shows up. I'm a big guy and can probably pull it off with a good holster.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I'm toying with the idea of taking the CHL class next month. I already have a S&W 642CT waiting for me to be legally allowed to carry it. May I ask what mode of carry those with .38 snubbies use? I have a Nemesis for pocket carry, but I'm thinking of an IWB for it as well.

Right now I have mine with the Barami hip grip. I'll probably go to the Werner set up adding a Tyler T-adapter, and a small Hogue slip on grip. I am also going to get a Tucker Cover up holster.

woulf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Bryan, TX
    For the light days I carry a Kahr PM9 loaded with 124 grain +P Federal HST.

Heavy days it's the XD45 4" compact with 230 Grain HST's

Cyfer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2008
    TEXAS
    When my CHL finally arrives, I'll be carrying a Glock 19 w/ 17 +1 in a Desantis Insider holster...

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    My regular carry gun is a Kahr PM9, either in a Nemesis pocket holster during the 9-month summer around here, or in a Galco paddle holster strong side when I can wear something to cover it ... I sometimes carry a Taurus 617, 7-shot .357 in a Rafter S paddle holster, usually loaded with DoubleTap .38 +p JHPs. And I just got -- and fired for the first time today -- a Kimber Ultra Carry II, .45 ... don't have a holster yet, but it needs a few more trips to the range before I'll be confident enough to carry it ... my dog walking gun is a Taurus PT25, tho it's getting retired ... I'd think .380 would be the minimum caliber to carry; the .25 is for marauding skunks, irritated whitetails and the occasional snake ...

Top Bottom