• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dannysdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Which handguns are you CHL holders carrying? Do any of you think that a .380 is sufficient? Thanks.
    Gun Zone Deals

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    .380 is probably where it starts to become effective. I wouldn't carry hollow points in a .380 for self-defense. Ultimately with anything it comes down to shot placement.

I have a HK USP Compact in .357 Sig for a carry weapon.

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I personally would want more than the .380 as my primary carry, but because of the sizes of guns it is available in, would make a good back up gun.

I carry a Wilson Combat 4" Professional in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.
    1911CarryRig.jpg

Longtooths

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Irving, Texas
    I carry the follow and change when the mood hits me or weather/clothing is a factor. (I am saving up for the Springfield Armory 1911 EMP and that will become my main carry and the Bersa will be my back up)

Kel Tec p11 9mm
    Kel Tec pf9 9mm
    Bersa Conceal Carry .380

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I switch off between my P2000SK 9mm and my Seecamp .32. I feel completely comfortable carrying the Seecamp....as stated before, it comes down to shot placement.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I personally would want more than the .380 as my primary carry, but because of the sizes of guns it is available in, would make a good back up gun.

I carry a Wilson Combat 4" Professional in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2.
    1911CarryRig.jpg
    just beautiful man. how does it feel to have a couple grand on your hip?? lol. the thought scares me since if i ever have to use it, the chance of it being taken for evidence drives me crazy since *cough* hpd *cough* is known for having problems with guns being stolen...
    I carry the follow and change when the mood hits me or weather/clothing is a factor. (I am saving up for the Springfield Armory 1911 EMP and that will become my main carry and the Bersa will be my back up)

Kel Tec p11 9mm
    Kel Tec pf9 9mm
    Bersa Conceal Carry .380

I carry a springfield EMP 9mm wrapped in a milt sparks summer special II. best damn holster IMO and best damn gun IMO. i have a springer full size 1911 chambered in 9mm as well, target model. i took the sear and hammer out of that one and threw it in my EMP, trigger pull is a lot lighter then out the box but still reliably crisp.

i'm always at shiloh if you ever want to put a few rounds through it since you're in the market for one. i made the switch from double action to single and well i love my 1911. (used to carry g26 with trigger work)

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    I would carry as large a caliber as you can comfortably shoot and conceal, but the smaller gun you actually carry is better than the cannon that you leave behind.

My every day carry is either a 5" or a 4.25" 1911; that's what I shoot the best and they conceal easily for me. I own a small .380 auto pistol and a S&W 340PD .357 revolver, but those are only back-up weapons for the last resort. YMMV.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    to those who carry full size or compact.

did you try to carry sub-compact or smaller first and find that you just didnt like it, wasnt accurate with small, or just didnt feel safe with a small gun vs a bigger?

for me i think eventually when i get around to losing some weight, i want to carry a commander or govt size 1911 rather then the EMP. i practice with both and when it comes to shot placement, im a lot better with the fullsize hands down.

justin81

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    DFW, Texas
    I think it depends on how you want to carry.

I recently bought a Kel-Tec 3AT, and a Taurus 85. I like them because I like to pocket carry, and personally think the .380 and 38spl are sufficient for defense.

If I were going to carry on my hip, I would carry my XD9.

brainiac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Parker County
    to those who carry full size or compact.

did you try to carry sub-compact or smaller first and find that you just didnt like it, wasnt accurate with small, or just didnt feel safe with a small gun vs a bigger?

I started carrying with a double-stack, double-action 9mm and felt perfectly safe with it but then I discovered 1911's and how well I could shoot with them, and have never looked back. A 1911 is so slim that even a full-size one is easy to conceal in an IWB holster. The size and weight of the .45 ACP round is an added and comforting plus.

txmason

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    DFW
    I carry a Colt Officers 75 percent of the time and a Kimber TLE the remainder. Holster of choice is Comp-Tac C-T.A.C. , excellent product and service is outstanding.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Yeah,got it at budsgunshop a while back for $529.I went and bought a RIA widebody today.It was rusted and the mag broke after shooting 10 rounds.I took it back and got another RIA gi for myself as my wife has the other one I got from Pete.Should be getting the compact RIA tactical from the chromer any day now.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    collectors gun exchange.Paul was cool about it and I got another GI.Was disappointed about the widebody being rusted and having the mag break.Now I have two GIs.I am going to customize mine.

Top Bottom