• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    My "everyday" gun is a KelTec PF9 in a pocket holster. It works, and looks like I've just got a bunch of stuff in my pocket. Nobody's ever noticed and I've been carrying it that way for a couple of years now. I've successfully concealed the PF9, a Ruger SR9c, a Sig Sauer SP2022, and a full size 1911A1 - all it takes is an untucked shirt for the larger guns and an IWB or OWB holster. The only person who's ever noticed I was carrying was my wife, when she hugged me and put her hand on the pistol.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...I feel more comfortable with a revolver. ...its really hard to conceal comfortably. ...Prefer a wheel gun but may have to try an auto. Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

My thoughts: the tool defines everything else.

My opinion: if you support CC but don’t, I’m kind of confused.

My opinion: I’ve cc’d a S&W 681, a full size .357. I dressed around it.

My thought: Have you tried dressing around your preferred weapon?

My thought: life is full of comprises. You can’t wear skinny jeans and iwb

Jwr1221

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 6, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My daily carry is a Springfield XD-s single stack 9mm. Love it. Other option that I regularly carry is an XDm subcompact (double stack). Both with the Pearce extension on the short mags.

I think good concealability is more dependent on the holster and having a good gun belt to go with it than the size of the gun. I have stealthgear IWB and Clinger "no print wonder" holsters for both along with a Magpul Tejas gun belt and they work great!

DFR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2013
    Lubbock, TX
    Ruger SP101 in 357. It’s size is between the S&W J and K frames and is just right for my avg. hands. Due to arthritis it’s loaded with 38 special +P. A speed strip fits perfectly in the change pocket of my jeans.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    My "@ home gun" -- the one I put in my jeans' watch/coin pocket "holster" after I change out of my street clothes (into my more comfortable "@ home clothes") and my street-carry gun goes into the safe -- is a Beretta 3032 Tomcat (inox)...with Hornady XTP HP ammo it's PLENTY lethal, despite its smaller caliber/power-factor. ;-)
    -- BR
    (President, Open Carry El Paso)
    not arguing or disputing at all ur statement about it being plenty lethal. so school me, how do you KNOW its plenty lethal? if you can prove/convince me i may have to rethink my opinions.

M&P9_Rich

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2015
    I’m a big believer in concealed carry. Very seldom do I carry on my person, but I need to re-evaluate that. I buy, sell and trade firearms on a regular basis, that keeps me in the loop with the latest trends. While I do own semis and revolvers, I feel more comfortable with a revolver. Being a shade under 6 foot tall and kind of thin, its really hard to conceal comfortably. I’ve tried many guns and only my little KelTec p32 is easy to hide. You’ll find out I’m kind of a cheapskate. While I enjoy my little 32, but should my life and most importantly others lives depend on a $250 semi auto. I’m looking for a rig that functions flawless and is easy to conceal. Prefer a wheel gun but may have to try an auto. Would appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Before you buy any gear, I recommend you take a class from a reputable company that will teach you how to fight with a pistol, not a shooting class, there's a huge difference. This type of class will focus primarily on mindset and tactics. You say you're almost 6 foot, tried many guns, and you settled on a Kel-Tec P32. You used expressions like "conceal comfortably" and "easy to hide", no disrespect intended but that alone tells me your mindset needs adjustment and a good fighting class will help you with that. Take the gear you have now to the class, carry it the way that currently works for you, and see if it works in a "fight". Go to the class with an open mind, a Beginner's Mind, you may already be good to go or you may learn a few things you need to change.

Once you've done that then start thinking about gear changes, if needed. General rules for a good carry pistol: 1. Reliability. It has to go bang every time you need it. (A good fighting class will teach what to do it Mr. Murphy shows up and it doesn't go bang) 2. Small enough to conceal, big enough to fight with. Comfort and invisibility are pretty much irrelevant so don't buy into the cliché "If a gun's not comfortable you won't carry it", that's Internet myth and an excuse for the lazy. As long as your carry method is not causing you physical pain, suck it up and get used to the way it feels. Also use a high quality holster that is designed/molded specifically for your pistol model, covers the trigger guard, and provides good retention. Pair that with a high quality gun belt gun belt (yes, I said gun belt twice) to build a carry system that keeps your gun stable and in place. Finally dress around your carry gear, don't try to make your carry gear fit the way you dress, and you'll fix the vast majority concealment issues. Yes, you may need to make a few adjustments to your wardrobe but unless all you wear is skinny jeans and tight shirts, the wardrobe changes should be minor.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom