Concealed Carry Insurance / Legal Protection

Discussion in 'CHL Articles' started by busykngt, Aug 9, 2017.

1. rman

rman Well-Known

Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    TLS of course. I'm not sure if he gets a kickback since he didn't mention (that i can remember) any way to reference him, etc.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

2. busykngt

busykngt Well-Known

Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    I've been to one of the TLS "mini seminars" that was offered last year at various locations around Texas. I'd say that was worth going to, at least once. It was sufficiently "no pressure" as to make it at least informative (if not enjoyable). They sure got a lot of people to sign up. I wasn't one of them but it at least got me thinking about it. It's beginning to look like the USCCA offering isn't too bad - I'm looking into that a little closer....
    --
    What we need is more unemployed politicians.

3. oldag

oldag Well-Known

Feb 19, 2015
    In the highly unlikely event that you need a lawyer due to a shooting, you want an excellent attorney. Way too much is at stake. And the best do not participate in these type plans. They have enough good paying business.

Save your money. Insurance is not always the best option.

4. pronstar

pronstar Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Assuming the posts above are somewhat accurate...

What about folks who don't have access to a quarter million dollars to put an excellent attorney on retainer? What option(s) do they have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    So Edwin Walker isn't an "excellent attorney"?

And how do you suggest I pay for an "excellent attorney" should I need one?

Jon Payne likes this.
  6. Byrd666

Byrd666 Well-Known

Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    After doing what I think was my due diligence, I went with The Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network. They appear to offer what I think would work for me at a reasonable cost. And the cd package included with the membership is very informative.

7. oldag

oldag Well-Known

Feb 19, 2015
    First, you don't have to have an attorney on retainer. Just engage one in the highly unlikely event you will ever need one.

Second, a good attorney does not cost a quarter million dollars.

What is your freedom worth?

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Again, how does one find that attorney, and how does one pay for said attorney. And what makes the attorneys at TLS not meet your definition of "excellent attorney"?

9. Riteii

Riteii Active Member

Aug 11, 2014
    Hill Country
    FWIW I have had USCCA for the last several years. You can pick your own attorney with them or they will provide one that they have "vented". Granted that I will probably never need the insurance, if an event happened, at least I would have a chance to stay free with the financial backing my insurance would provide.

USCCA publishes a lot of training material. I normally get at least one email per day from them and sometimes 2-3. Their secondary business is selling their training videos. The emails can be a pain, but hitting the delete button is easy.

10. oldag

oldag Well-Known

Feb 19, 2015
    I am not going to keep beating a dead horse.

If you can't figure out how to find a good professional (attorney or otherwise), either you are really hard up intellectually or you are just trying to be a wiseacre. And whichever is the case, you are beyond my help.

So it will cost more. How does one pay for any emergency? Again, what is your freedom worth? Use a mediocre attorney who can't find enough work on his own merits so he signs up for this network, end up behind bars. Will you wish then that you had done whatever was necessary to hire a top notch attorney?

What top notch attorney is going to join a network where he gets paid peanuts, when he has plenty of business that pays his standard (and admittedly high) rates? Think about that and try to absorb basic realty here. You will find the answer that you seek, grasshopper.