• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheJayMan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2010
    Round Rock
    Can anyone say with certainty whether, with the new campus carry laws, if it's legal to carry concealed in the Bass Concert Hall?

Thank you.

Jay
    Guns International

Polarbear6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Central Texas
    Bass Hall is 51% because of the alcohol vendor. You're outta luck.

If I'm not mistaken, Bass Concert Hall does not generate 51% or more of its revenue from the sale of alcohol. So that does not apply. Just like most restaurants.

Also, they are not listed on the Texas 30.06 website https://www.texas3006.com/index.php

From TABC:

C:\Users\LDOUGL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
    Weapons Warning Sign
    All alcoholic beverages retailers must post one of two firearms signs. One sign is intended for use on the types of premises where a holder of a concealed hand gun license may lawfully possess a concealed hand gun: establishments licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or, if licensed for sale for on-premises consumption, establishments whose alcohol sales are 50% or less of total gross receipts. It warns that unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon is a felony.
    The second sign, the 51% sign, is to be posted on the premises of establishments where the possession of any concealed weapon is illegal. These are establishments that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption whose alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts. These signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning and the warning notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony.
    As a general rule, a true restaurant will have alcohol sales that are less than 50% of gross receipts and would be expected to post the first sign. However, if its alcohol sales are greater than 50% of gross receipts, then it would have to post the second.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    If I'm not mistaken, Bass Concert Hall does not generate 51% or more of its revenue from the sale of alcohol. So that does not apply. Just like most restaurants.

Also, they are not listed on the Texas 30.06 website https://www.texas3006.com/index.php

From TABC:

C:\Users\LDOUGL~1\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image002.jpg
    Weapons Warning Sign
    All alcoholic beverages retailers must post one of two firearms signs. One sign is intended for use on the types of premises where a holder of a concealed hand gun license may lawfully possess a concealed hand gun: establishments licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for off-premises consumption or, if licensed for sale for on-premises consumption, establishments whose alcohol sales are 50% or less of total gross receipts. It warns that unlicensed possession of a concealed weapon is a felony.
    The second sign, the 51% sign, is to be posted on the premises of establishments where the possession of any concealed weapon is illegal. These are establishments that are licensed to sell alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption whose alcohol sales constitutes more than half of gross receipts. These signs have 51% in large red letters superimposed over the warning and the warning notes that possession of a concealed weapon on the premises is a felony.
    As a general rule, a true restaurant will have alcohol sales that are less than 50% of gross receipts and would be expected to post the first sign. However, if its alcohol sales are greater than 50% of gross receipts, then it would have to post the second.

If there is a licensed alcohol seller there and the entire premise is under the license, then the entire Center CAN be 51%.

I did find a red sign licensee at the address of the center.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    This is why this practice needs to be addressed at the 2017 legislature. The ability of a private vendor to post 51% to restrict an entire venue needs to be changed.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    This is why this practice needs to be addressed at the 2017 legislature. The ability of a private vendor to post 51% to restrict an entire venue needs to be changed.

There is no ability for a private vendor to post. The TABC determines the percentage and requires the posting of the proper signage. The liensee (alcohol licensee) has no say or choice.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

Yeah this is bs. A simple change would to require the licensee to be open for business 40 hours a week in order for it to be considered a premises

Better yet just remove the no guns at 51% places altogether.

oohrah

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    There is no ability for a private vendor to post. The TABC determines the percentage and requires the posting of the proper signage. The liensee (alcohol licensee) has no say or choice.
    You misunderstood me. I know vendors have no option, they have to do what their license says. My point was that we need to get the lege to change TABC procedures. MY hope would be to eliminate the 51% restriction entirely.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You misunderstood me. I know vendors have no option, they have to do what their license says. My point was that we need to get the lege to change TABC procedures. MY hope would be to eliminate the 51% restriction entirely.

I can get behind removal of the 51% restriction from PC 46.035.

locke_n_load

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    No more red or blue signs, no signage for guns relating to alcohol whatsoever. Only signs that have weight are 30.06/30.07 or federal signs. That would be my ideal law change.

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    If there is a licensed alcohol seller there and the entire premise is under the license, then the entire Center CAN be 51%.

I did find a red sign licensee at the address of the center.

This

USE the address for a search.

There are a host of reasons for a venue to have a separate entity sell alcohol on their premise.

SloppyShooter

Certifiable
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2018
    White Settlement, Texas
    For those that don't know, Bass was a well known outlaw that robbed his way to the top, then somehow his offspring became cream of the crop philanthropists spending great grandpa's ill gotten gains that were subsequently re-invested in legitimate venues, and made them the rich and fabulous in Ft. Worth.

Bass hall is a little tidbit thrown back to the community.

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    For those that don't know, Bass was a well known outlaw that robbed his way to the top, then somehow his offspring became cream of the crop philanthropists spending great grandpa's ill gotten gains that were subsequently re-invested in legitimate venues, and made them the rich and fabulous in Ft. Worth.

Bass hall is a little tidbit thrown back to the community.

Please provide cites as his father was an East Texas Doctor and went into the oil business.

Top Bottom