• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Carried a compact 9mm for years. Kahr PM9. Few weeks ago decided to start carrying my full size .45, Glock 21. Was amazed at how easy it is to conceal & carry. I like having 14 rounds of .45 available instead of 7 of 9mm. I also shoot more accurately with the larger gun. Anyone else carrying a big gun?
    DK Firearms

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I loved but sold a G21 but never had any desire to carry it concealed.

However, I do carry a commander sized 1911 on a daily basis no matter what I'm wearing.

Guess that's not fair to compare to a G21. That's "big gun" at a new level.

BTW, I'm glad to see another Flower Mounder who doesn't think guns are evil and not needed like so many do out here.

And from your user name and avatar, I just may have seen you riding near where I live. You don't see too many of those low bike thingies'.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    BTW, I'm glad to see another Flower Mounder who doesn't think guns are evil and not needed like so many do out here.

Actually spent the last two years living under the repressive jack-boot of the state of California. So I'm enjoying being back in Texas where I can breathe free again. Carrying concealed is something they can only dream of there, for the most part, though the gun rights folks are making steady measured legal attacks on the gun laws there.

And from your user name and avatar, I just may have seen you riding near where I live. You don't see too many of those low bike thingies'.

Haven't owned a lowracer bike since about 2001. Would love to get another one but have other priorities right now. The username seems to have stuck though.

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Have carried a full size 1911 , 96G, S&W626, and my Judge but anymore it's my Bersa thunder plus. 15 rounds and still easy to hide. With my .38 derringer or NAA 22 mag for back up. At 6'6" I can pull off bigger guns easy but Valley weather is not conducive to extra clothing....lol

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I carry my XD Service every day, every now and then my 1911 (5") manages to sneak into a holster too....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I don't carry any really big guns, but like the bigger ones ,ore than the sub compacts. HK P2000 .40 is my EDC, and also will carry a Sig P228 and a G19. Those are all considered compacts though. I had a P2000SK which is a sub compact, but sold it in favor of the standard P2000 as I found I can carry that just as easily.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Nothing "big", just the Commander.

A G21 for carry?? wowee! When I make holsters for that model I still can't get over that its being carried in public

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    A G21 for carry?? wowee! When I make holsters for that model I still can't get over that its being carried in public

Which brings up a good question. Due to being outta work, I don't yet have a holster for this gun. I've been carrying it tucked IWB w/o holster, Israeli draw style to protect the family jewels from being accidentally shot off. Ideally I'd like to carry with one in the pipe but for that I need a holster to cover the trigger. Who makes a decent IWB holster for the G21? I've looked at other types of holsters besides IWB and they just do not conceal for me with the kind of shirt I wear (golf shirt untucked).

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Have you looked at Uncle Mike and Black Hawk holsters? I haven't found a carry gun yet they didn't have a IWB holster for my needs.... Even my Beretta 96g.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Which brings up a good question. Due to being outta work, I don't yet have a holster for this gun. I've been carrying it tucked IWB w/o holster, Israeli draw style to protect the family jewels from being accidentally shot off. Ideally I'd like to carry with one in the pipe but for that I need a holster to cover the trigger. Who makes a decent IWB holster for the G21? I've looked at other types of holsters besides IWB and they just do not conceal for me with the kind of shirt I wear (golf shirt untucked).

Did you not read Shorts response. I don't yet own one but have seen her work.............keep in it the TGT family!

Okie556

MuddyWaterMan

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    Houston
    Man said he was out of work though, the 2 I listed are 15 - 20 bucks. Just thinking finances is all..... I DO need a holster for my Redhawk .44 mag 7.5" though.

Exile Machine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Dallas Texas
    Yep, outta work. Right now $10 is an extravagance. But my birthday is coming up next week, so who knows. Might get that $15 Uncle Mikes.

Got a job interview coming up in a couple weeks. If I get the job I'll be getting a proper leather holster.

Top Bottom