• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I see a lot of 1911 lovers here on TGT and I gotta say, I'm dying to get one of Kimber's models. I'm just curious how many of you 1911 owners use it daily as your concealed carry weapon and if you always walk around wearing a jacket just to carry the 1911 concealed. I don't think I've seen too much out there in the realm of IWB holsters for a 1911.

Kimber > 1911 Pistols > SIS

Just a quick link to the Kimber model I'm working toward affording. lol :)
    Lynx Defense

kimbercarry

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Waco
    My dad purchased a Kiber Pro-Carry last weekend at the Dallas Gun show. He purchased a holster from MernickleHolsters.com not sure of the exact one, but he said it was a paddle style...I prefer to carry on the belt as I feel it allows more security. Just my opinion

bojangles5169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    Willie Nelson Country, TX
    1911 is the only viable carry pistol for me. I'm 6'2" & 165# w/no butt so I wear my belt tight. I live in Texas and am Angleo so I don't wear baggy pants with the crotch below my knees. Galco in my humble opinion is the ONLY premier gun leather maker - I carry a McCormick custom Officers 1911 .45 in a Galco Custom Shop Concelment holster in Ostrich leather. Be proud of your carry gun and don't try to carry it in "crap". I either wear a long tailed shirt outside or one of my concealment vests which gives me extra pockets for my dip (this is Texas). I office @ home so it is plainly visable and accessable with only blue jeans and T shirt around the house (home invasion anyone?). I have a 5" custom Les Baer on order - may be a tad heavy for daily carry. Now if I could figure out a holster for my Bushmasters????? A lot of the above was BS but very serious about the 1911 & Galco - Treat them like American Express "Don't leave home without 'em".
    PS: If it ain't comfortable you won't wear it - I went through 4 Galco styles till I found one that was for me. I personally don't see how anyone can carry inside the waistband - seems like it would feel like a rock in the pocket??

GJW1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    Central Texas
    I am carying a colt LWT commander or a DW CBOB in a Tucker secret IWB. T shirt or untucted button down shirt hide them easily. The lightweight frame is easier to carry, but the bobtail hides a little bit easier. Next holster I purchae will be another Tucker, it's a leather lined hybrid holster.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Ishtacka

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Dickinson, Tx
    +1 for Bullard Leather. I have been contemplating this very thing. I've got an OWB holster, but I'm just afraid of too much printing on a blazer. It holds tight to my side, but I just don't want the bottom to peek out.

I am looking forward to SHOT to see when the 'Super Carry' Kimber family will be coming out. When I see an MSRP, then I'll see what my next purchase will be.

Ish

Top Bottom