• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • radioflyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    There's almost as many different concealed holster designs/materials as there are guns to fit in them. What design/material do you use and what lead to your decision?
    Capitol Armory ad

A_FIVE-O

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Houston-Laredo
    IWB-Inside Waist Band: I am using a Comp-Tac for my Kahr PM9. I chose kydex because the holster stays open for easy re-holstering unlike other IWB soft leathers or suede holsters.

OWB-Outside Waist Band: I am using a Blackhawk Serpa for my Glock 27 & 22. I chose carbon composite because it locks into place upon re-holstering. There are no snap thumb breaks to get in the way. An index finger button is all it takes to release the pistol. Its one fast natural movement.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Carrying concealed requires a lot of compromises. I like the OWB holsters best. I find them the most comfortable and functional. But for those, it's a winter time deal, as with most summer attire, it's hard for me to keep concealed using that method. For summer I go with pocket carry with an appropriate sized gun.

Work days, (I own my business) I carry my gun into the office in a nylon carry case, and then it goes in my desk drawer. It would be difficult to wear it around working and dealing with customers. When I go out to see a customer or whatever, it goes into the car counsole. Not the best method, I know, but better than nothing.

Acesn8's

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Llano county
    Nice lookin holster gotta be a typo on the price at $4.95 prolly more like $69.95. I like Bullards work plus the fact it's made here in Texas

tex45acp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    South Central Texas
    I carry IWB as much as I can and have several holsters to do so with, and you are correct....each gun has a holster that is the best for that gun. Unfortunately it has cost me waaay to much to determine which is best for me and my guns.

Wilson Combat Professional in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2
    ProVM2.jpg

Springfield XD45 Service in a Brommeland Max Con V
    MAXCONV.jpg

Browning Hi Power in a Wilson Combat IWB Holster
    WilsonHolster.jpg

Kel-Tec PF9 in a Galco Leather Pocket Holster....my go everywhere gun.
    PF9_PocketHolster.jpg

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I carry IWB in a Comp-Tac Minotaur. It is a hybrid holster with leather against the body and a kydex outer shell....

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    No matter the season, 99% of the time I'm carrying my HK P2000SK in a Milt Sparks VMII with a belt from TheBeltMan (a good belt makes a huge difference). I have found this to be the perfect carry setup for me. It doesn't matter if I'm wearing jeans and a jacket or shorts and t-shirt, this combo works great for me. I've got a VMII for my 1911 Commander as well.

dsc00834o.jpg

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Bullard Dual Carry works well for my 1911 year around. XD9sc rides in a High Noon Split Decision all summer long since the XD isn't subject to rust.

300shooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Fargo,ND
    I use a Pancake type for most days,and a Blackhawk serpa for winter and cooler weather carry.

I also have a Closing Argument by High Noon

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I use leather. It's what I like.

I use several different holsters depending on the activity. Tucklable IWB, looped, and several OWBs

cpf3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2008
    I like Kydex IWB holsters. In fact, my Blade-Tech IWB for my new SigPro just arrived. Here's my Sig 239 (9mm) in an unknown brand model.

KydexHolster02.jpg

Kydex-Holster04.jpg

Top Bottom