Patriot Mobile

concealed long gun - hospital no longer legal ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ComeAndTakeIt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2011
    Houston
    I'm a bit confused on the new/current laws and can't find a clear answer when I search because it used to be one way, but apparently isn't now after the very poorly written, in my opinion, "constitutional carry" law. (Put in quotes and didn't capitalize on purpose)

It appears to me that what was once legal, is no longer.
    By that I mean, I used to be able to carry a take-down rifle in my bag while visiting hospitals. As long guns weren't restricted by 30.06/07.
    If I remember, the prohibited places were established to apply to LTCs only. Now prohibited places are in 46.03 and say "firearm" not handgun. It's followed by listing hospitals.

Am I correct that it was once legal as the law was only prohibiting handguns but today the law is broader to all firearms thanks to the new "constitutional carry" law.

Sorry for the dumb question. My google skills aren't helping either.
    DK Firearms

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    …Am I correct that it was once legal as the law was only prohibiting handguns but today the law is broader to all firearms thanks to the new "constitutional carry" law.

Sorry for the dumb question. My google skills aren't helping either.

Not a dumb question; you’re correct. HB1927 changed TPC46.03 prohibited places to include firearms, which includes rifles and shotguns. IIRC, there’s an exception with written authorization from hospital. Good luck with that.

Top Bottom