• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Got to admit it, I like the old Army Chest rigs, it just works for me, wore one for years, in fact still have it. The the other day I came across some older style (color) in the natural brown leather vs my old Black and thought my FDE would look better in it.

I guess since it has a chest strap then it's semi-concealed or semi-open?

IMG_0764 2.jpeg

IMG_0765 2.jpeg

Yes the 1911 w/rail fits great!
    Gun Zone Deals

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I guess since it has a chest strap then it's semi-concealed or semi-open?

I'm not clear on what you're asking here.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic but the law says the following:

TPC 46.15

(b) Section 46.02 does not apply to a person who:
    (6) is carrying:

(A) a license issued under Subchapter H, Chapter 411, Government Code, to carry a handgun; and​

(B) a handgun:​

(i) in a concealed manner; or​

(ii) in a shoulder or belt holster​

The law seems to be binary, either it's concealed or it's not.
    If the handgun is concealed but the chest strap is visible, IMO that would mean that the handgun is concealed. The strap could be for anything.

That is in my mostly uneducated opinion on the matter and there very well may be a ruling or interpretation that says I'm wrong.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    It is OC, unless it is under a garment like a jacket or sweater.

In other words, if it's visible to the casual observer, it's open carry; if not, then it's concealed.

I have the same "options" when I holster my XD on my hip. If I see a 30.07 sign, I simply pull my shirt over the pistol. Viola! Concealed carry!

I have a M2 holster like that which is only a month younger than I am. I wore a similarly-designed canvas holster when I rode sportbikes, under my leathers when the only option was conceal carry, as it made drawing the weapon a lot easier than a "jackass" design (think Miami Vice).

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    It's pretty simple, I think. If you're wearing a gun and the gun (not the damn "print" of a gun!) can not be seen, then it's concealed. If the gun can be seen, then it is open carried and is required to be secured in a belt or shoulder holster of some type. If I'm visualizing this correctly, a chest holster does have a strap over the shoulder, correct? Therefore it can be construed as a "shoulder" holster of a type.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'm not clear on what you're asking here.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic but the law says the following:

The law seems to be binary, either it's concealed or it's not.
    If the handgun is concealed but the chest strap is visible, IMO that would mean that the handgun is concealed. The strap could be for anything.

That is in my mostly uneducated opinion on the matter and there very well may be a ruling or interpretation that says I'm wrong.
    LOL, not asking a question but rather making a tongue in cheek statement...guy walks into room and has leather strap across chest which is visible but gun is hidden by light jacket.

Gun guy will instantly know it’s a chest rig...semi open, semi concealed...LOL

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    LOL, not asking a question but rather making a tongue in cheek statement...guy walks into room and has leather strap across chest which is visible but gun is hidden by light jacket.

Gun guy will instantly know it’s a chest rig...semi open, semi concealed...LOL

And that seems the same as the belt clips showing on my IWB holster when I'm carrying concealed.

Top Bottom