• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    A HiPoint 9 (YeetCannon :green: ) is about the same. Butt ugly and heavy as hell but they go bang every time.

...or a 45, but its kinda like wavin a boat anchor around.
    That's funny and reminds me of a segment on live PD a year or two back. The cop picked up a backpack and said what's in here a boat anchor? And it was a pos high point 45. Hes like, well I wasnt far off. Made of the same material.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Maybe he wanted his footprint scrubbed from here because he was really looking for a disposable gun here...
    No, that wasn't it.
    What exactly happened?
    One of the basic rules of board moderation is that talking about bans tends to just create arguments. The reasons should generally not be discussed in public. So I won't talk about what exactly happened.

In his case, though, there's a lesson to be learned. Once he decided that this board with its rules was inconsistent with the way he wanted to interact with the community, he just left. He didn't start a bunch of drama and try to change this place. That's to his credit and I appreciate it.

Now, if only a few other folks felt the same way...

:)

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    No, that wasn't it.
    One of the basic rules of board moderation is that talking about bans tends to just create arguments. The reasons should generally not be discussed in public. So I won't talk about what exactly happened.

In his case, though, there's a lesson to be learned. Once he decided that this board with its rules was inconsistent with the way he wanted to interact with the community, he just left. He didn't start a bunch of drama and try to change this place. That's to his credit and I appreciate it.

Now, if only a few other folks felt the same way...

:)

I should have been more clear. I was moreso asking the overall membership rather then anything specific from the staff. sometimes shit happens in threads I miss while I'm busy trying to get everyone to spend their money. :p

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Probably had something to do with being called a cheapskate and asking was that all his life was worth was $100. Just a normal response for here but I don't think he was ready for it.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Never let your life depend on cheap weapons or parachutes...

That said, I've had nothing but good experiences with Taurus pistols minus a 1980s vintage .38 revolver that I inherited.

I won't bash anyone for buying a Taurus, but every single Taurus/Rossi product I have ever owned (both "vintage" and brand new) has had some kind of issue.

My mid 80s M66 hasn't been shot in years due to a VERY bad timing issue that still has not been fixed despite sending the revolver back to the factory. If I ever get around to sending it back again and they actually fix it, I'll probably just sell it.

My PT92AF that I bought new came with a horribly oversized barrel and had to be sent back. The new barrel is much better, but absolutely will not shoot exposed lead without the worst leading I have ever seen in any gun. I coat my lead bullets in powder coat for that gun. I do like it enough to keep it for some reason. The factory mags are shit though.

My Rossi 92 in 44 mag came with a bad extractor that would constantly fail to remove brass from the chamber. I ended up replacing that part myself. It is reliable with 44 mag, not so much with 44 special. The sights aren't great. They also drilled the holes for the tang sight too far apart, so I cannot add one. The fit on some things like the stock's fit to the crescent shaped butt plate is not great. It's an otherwise gorgeous rifle. I have a feeling that the day I buy a Marlin or a Uberti is the day I decide to sell the Rossi.

Like I said, I won't bash anyone for buying Taurus/Rossi guns, but I've reached a point where I'd rather pay a little more for something else. I really wanted to like Taurus in the beginning, but they made sure that didn't happen.

BoomBoomcookie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Even the name manufacturers have bad guns occasionally.

Had to send a BRAND NEW Sig P938 back to the factory for an incredibly serious issue with the safety malfunctioning. It could be fired with the safety on! Also, horrible trigger, was so "grainy"....just a bad weapon. Got it back, sold it immediately on GunBroker.

Also have a bad safety on a Taurus 1911...which is a common issue. But have another dozen Taurus that are awesome & fun plinkers.

My p32 Kel-Tec for a decade now has been 100% reliable with at least a thousand rounds through it. Goes bang every time. Picked it up for $120 new. (that Beretta Cheetah is calling me though)

Wonder if y'all have heard the tale of woe about this canted S&W revolver & their poor customer service?

Top Bottom