• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    It's actually not illegal to walk down the street with an unloaded weapon as long as you're not "brandishing it in a threatening manner".
    OK. It is not illegal to walk down the street with a Long GUN visible, As long as you are not displaying it in a manner calculated to alarm. Unless you meet the requirments of Penal Code 46.02 or 46.15 (b) you cannot carry a handgun without a CHL, and then it must be concealed. Texas does not generally address the loaded or unloaded status of firearms for carry.
    You'll probably get some funny looks and I imagine someone will call the cops, but the worst that can legally happen is that the police will tell you to take it home.
    If the police cannot arrest you they have no authority to make you take it anywhere.

If the police have PC to believe you were displaying the firarm in a manner calculated to alarm then they can arrest you, whether or not the firearm is loaded.
    Target Sports

Farmboy Marine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    That's what I meant, I just simplified it based on what our firearms instructor told us since I don't have the Penal Code memorized. I say unloaded, for the simple fact that it's safer. I wouldn't typically haul around a loaded weapon unless I was hunting, on duty, or concealed carrying.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    That's what I meant, I just simplified it based on what our firearms instructor told us since I don't have the Penal Code memorized. I say unloaded, for the simple fact that it's safer. I wouldn't typically haul around a loaded weapon unless I was hunting, on duty, or concealed carrying.

Understand, however, carrying a unloaded firearm is treated the same as carrying a loaded one in Texas.

By the way, just really noticed your name. Thanks for your service, Marine!

Top Bottom