Confused & Ashamed

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by tristanlxboyd, Sep 30, 2009.

1. tristanlxboyd

tristanlxboyd New Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Irving

2. randomoutburst

randomoutburst Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Grayson County
    I don't know what advice I can give you on getting your firearm back, but you are NOT paranoid for keeping one by your bed loaded. I do the same thing and even carry it into whatever room I am in while I am awake. I do, however, think that securing it when you are either not in the room or not in the apartment would be prudent. I am sorry your roommate's friend was ignorant and acted foolishly, which resulted in your firearms being (hopefully temporarily) confiscated.
    I hope this gets sorted out and the police return your firearms. If and when you get them back, I would ensure the guns are inaccessible to anyone but yourself. Lock them up if you aren't there or supervising.

3. Libertarian_Longhorn

Libertarian_Longhorn Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    I've had a dream that went something along those lines. You will get your guns back, but be persistent and keep calling. In the future, don't call the 5-0 up unless they're knocking on your door. You did the right thing, but next time you'll have a whole lot less hassle and headache on your end if you leave the coppers out of it. I have had bad experiences with them, mainly a few almighty handcuff pistol toting regular 'badasses'.

4. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    wow.
    that is rough.
    i would sure like to thing that that fellow learned a valuable lesson though.

but hwere do they get off taking your other weapon?
    and dont worry about being paranoid.
    i keep a handgun by my bed on on my desk and i carry one around like random outburst (who incidentally looks eerily familiar) in the house.
    cant be to careful in this day and age...

5. Man With A Gun...

Man With A Gun... Member

May 22, 2009
    Lakeway, Tx
    Time for a new roommate. I would have kicked that mf'ers ass for even going near my stuff.

6. popo22

popo22 Member

Feb 1, 2009
    If I were you I would call the agency and inquire to their policy on testing and returning the weapons. Some agencies will require a ballistic's test of the weapons to verify that they have not been used in previous crimes. You will want to ask a "supervisor" because they are more likely to have the correct answers you need, just so you don't get a "run around". Unless they are considering either of the weapons as evidence, they should return them. Good Luck

7. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    uhhhhhh.....trying to be as gentle as I can, hear - you screwed up on SO many levels I have NO idea where to start - IF in fact this story is true. I *might* be able to see the legality of property confiscation based on a story with no witnesses.....but confiscation of property NOT involved.....no. Ain't gonna happen unless there's LOTS more to this story.

8. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    IMO, the confiscation of your firearm was a clear violation of your 4th amendment rights. I would lawyer up.

9. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    I would have never called the cops. No one got hurt and no one knocked at the door.

On the "life lessons" to be taken from this, I'm not your father so I'll stay out of it.

10. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    I'd be on fire about them taking your weapons. Start raising hell over that.

And the moron who NDed deserves a can of whoop@$$ opened on him