• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It seems that the trend going on with 1911's is 9mm. Is it cheaper? You don't often see the .45's moving, no matter what the size. But, the micro 9mm's are going like hot cakes. If it is the caliber, why not a G-19 or an SCCY, or a Ruger LC9. The trend seems to be, yes, I would like that 600.00 Kimber micro. I am just trying to wrap my mind around the surge of 9mm 1911 from the 1911 .45?
    If I had to pick between an over priced 9mm in the form of a kimber or a sccy; kimber.

Lol this thread is brutal. Ultimately IMO I don’t care what someone carries as long as they have something that fits them good and they are good with.

Plus over penetration vs more controlled expansion is always a factor. A 45 acp with a short barrel does serve a purpose for example.
    Capitol Armory ad

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    If I had to pick between an over priced 9mm in the form of a kimber or a sccy; kimber.

Lol this thread is brutal. Ultimately IMO I don’t care what someone carries as long as they have something that fits them good and they are good with.

Plus over penetration vs more controlled expansion is always a factor. A 45 acp with a short barrel does serve a purpose for example.

It is, because I am just confused. Is it because of the M-17, or the 320?

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It is, because I am just confused. Is it because of the M-17, or the 320?
    I’m not sure those have anything to do with it. 9mm has its place. IMO 45 acp is just another choice. Sometimes a classic choice. To me it’s like arguing fashion. At the end of the day you still have clothes on. Shoot whatever gun and round works for you. I have a 1911 and want to add more, but not because I will carry them...lol maybe sometimes I will.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    79BD79F1-E86A-4157-94BC-1E800ACC971E.jpeg
    9 mm in a 1911 is an abomination.

Reactions: MTA

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    I view them as (sometimes) pretty tools. I bring out the 9mm with the red dot if I think there is going to be mob action. Easier to hit an adult in the off switch and not hit a by standard or kid. We are responsible for every round fired. BG's just do whatever the hell they feel like as per usual. A .45 ACP for me, is just a man stopper. That is what it was designed for in 1911. So, if I think I am going to run into a couple BG's and his friend's a .45 ACP will do the job nicely. The .40 would be hit or miss, sometimes it works great, in taking out chunks of flesh, and sometimes it just fails to do the job. A 10mm will do the job, but in a populated area pass throughs are likely. Good woods pistol though.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    LMAO. I have four .357's no key lock 686's with pachmayr grips. Two in 4" and two in 6". One for everyone. I sold off the fifth one already.
    One of my 44’s is a snubby 629 performance center with a Hillary hole. I don’t judge it too harshly. I still love it.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I think it’s funny when people who post a lot about their knowledge make silly claims about calibers ignoring all the readily available info showing there is pretty much no difference in their ability to stop a bad guy.

Carry what you want. But starting threads pretending 9mm is some kind of new trend is just silly. Just like coming back again and again to make silly claims while saying that you do my want to start any arguments is silly. Just go outside and do something fun. Weather is great today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingarthur777

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2018
    Livingston
    Wish the range was open today. Trying to get my wife schooled on a 1911, and then determine which one she would like. She is a .45 girl, no matter what she carries.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Right now I am carrying a RIA M1911A1 CS fde .45 in a fobus holster, soon I will get the 9mm version. I just prefer .45's. But like to have pairs.

Chuckcasey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2016
    I am not trying to start a fight, really, I am not. I just was trying to understand the trend.

Hey, no problem. I’m a 1911 addict, got a bunch. Always shot the 45, but things change... age is a factor and my old hands find the 45 recoil hurts. Switched to 9mm and the pain went away but the pleasure remained. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    I view them as (sometimes) pretty tools. I bring out the 9mm with the red dot if I think there is going to be mob action. Easier to hit an adult in the off switch and not hit a by standard or kid. We are responsible for every round fired. BG's just do whatever the hell they feel like as per usual. A .45 ACP for me, is just a man stopper. That is what it was designed for in 1911. So, if I think I am going to run into a couple BG's and his friend's a .45 ACP will do the job nicely. The .40 would be hit or miss, sometimes it works great, in taking out chunks of flesh, and sometimes it just fails to do the job. A 10mm will do the job, but in a populated area pass throughs are likely. Good woods pistol though.

If I though tit was a mob situation, I would even more want the .45. Don't want to have to empty a 9mm mag just to get one stop.

Top Bottom