Venture Surplus ad

Congrats to you Justice Barrett. You official now.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    B7F0069B-9EFD-4ED0-8321-03AA321A9DC4.jpeg
    Military Camp

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I was just about to post this! Finally someone very strong on gun rights! Feel better about them taking on 2A cases now, because even if Roberts flips, its still 5-4
    If Roberts “flips”, he’ll vote conservative, because every vote I’ve seen him cast has been to support the liberals!

He’s a POS and I’d like to see him gone !

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    @etmo , I think, wrote up a pretty good statement on it. BL is that originalism prefers to look at common meaning of the language at the time, not current vernacular.

Also, there are flavors of originalism that range the spectrum as far and wide as Texas itself.
    If a Justice can articulate a reasonable justification for their conclusion of what a Law Or Amendment SAYS instead of what they want it to say, I can go along with that.
    Or make arbitrary assessments of what should be included in a Right. The 4 progressive Justices issue a ruling not long ago that the states can arbitrarily limit what you can say or print about a political opponent. Because saying something negative was hate speech.
    Reminds me of what the left is trying to do right now. The right is mean, hateful evil people and we can't defend our view without getting attacked for it. I can say mean things but if you do it is hate speech......
    Imagine if they had SCOTUS behind them.
    I'll take my chances with Barrett. And hope Trump gets re-elected and gets at least a couple more.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Let me attempt some psychological analysis. Fair warning I'll probably screw it up.

Roberts desire to not have the judiciary be the arbiter of legislative disagreements has over ridden his constitutional beholdings. IMHO

He understands the left banks on the judiciary to do what they are too cowardly to do and back up the rare times they act and overreach and he knows this isnt the job of judicial review.

The judicial branch was meant to be the weakest of the three not the activists they have become. They were supposed to simply decide Constitutionality peroid without agenda. I think he fails cause he has this agenda. He is infuriating, I think he try's so hard not to legislate that makes stupid decisions like create a tax just so he doesn't have to completely kill a law congress passed.

Hows that for an attempt at mental gymnastics? The man is an enigma at times and most definitely not the strict originalist we thought he was to be.

Top Bottom