Congratulations to Mark Laramie -- President's Winner

Discussion in 'General Firearms & Ammo' started by TriggerTime, Aug 4, 2009.

1. TriggerTime

TriggerTime Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
  2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Impressive. Am I going blind or was the first Texan on the list #70?

3. Bullseye Shooter

Bullseye Shooter Active Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Texas Panhandle
    Yep, Rick Crawford from Tyler. He runs the matches at the Panola County Gun Club and has won the Texas State Rifle match. Very nice guy and very knowledgeable about ARs. I heard the wind really kicked the butts of the pistol shooters this year at Perry.

4. TriggerTime

TriggerTime Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Perry's a beast. While our Lone Star State didn't shine in the President's 100, it sure did in the Excellence in Competition match. Robert Davis of Wichita Falls was Number 1 and Dennis Mc Dainels of Grand Prarie was Number 4. Travis Rogers of Crawford was 26, Michael Larkin of Sugar Land was 38.

We've had some Juniors and others shooting pretty dang well up there in the other competitions so far. NRA week is next week.

I don't understand why Service Rifle Competition seems to be a bigger deal up north than here. Maybe the heat? We have some damn fine service rifle shooters and some really good young ones up and coming.

I'm hoping to be at Perry next summer -- but unless something miraculous happens like all of the other shooters go blind, you won't be seeing my name in the top half of any lists!